Factory Radio Upgrade Options (plus MP3 options)

hello everyone,
I have a cellphone that uses windows mobile OS that can be hooked up with a standard mini jack. The phone is the HTC touch pro.
I would like to use the phone as an external mp3 player to the factory MS6 radio.
What are my options?
thank you

Can some one advise/confirm that the Mazda iPod kit C9F2V6572US is compatible with the 2004 Mazda 6 factory stereo.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. (05.21) According to the official Mazda dealer the kit should be compatible with Mazda6 03'-04' as well, but I just don't trust their incompetence.
Can some one from the forum confirm the info, please.

Last edited:
yes, it will be compatible, but if you read above, its definetly not your best option....

Thank you, but I could not find any information why is not the best, choice.
I just need to be able to control the iPod trough the steering wheel buttons and from the dash, also to be able to see the songs names on the display, that is all. I really don't care that I will not be able to control the iPod directly. So if that OEM kit is working for this it will be great.

Last edited:
OK, some update:
I have purchased and installed the Mazda OEM iPod integration kit, unfortunately DO NOT shoes the songs/albums titles on the display, but that is not a big deal I guess, for the money I payed for it ($85). I placed the devise behind the glove box and the iPod connector inside the central arm rest, I have to say I am pretty pleased with the performance.

Thank you, but I could not find any information why is not the best, choice.
I just need to be able to control the iPod trough the steering wheel buttons and from the dash, also to be able to see the songs names on the display, that is all. I really don't care that I will not be able to control the iPod directly. So if that OEM kit is working for this it will be great.

if i had seen this earlier i would have given you reasons..

1) no text display
2) terrible control setup
3) just as expensive (if not more)

Well, to late...anyway the only thing I don't like is the "no text display" for the rest it is pretty good.

I'm in the process of upgrading my audio system in my car. My first step is to do the speakers and I was wondering, since the Bose system is a 2 ohm system. If I replaced the speakers that were 2 ohm compatible, would their be any major issues? An example of what I'm looking at are the Infinity Reference or Kappa series. Thanks for any advice.

Question regarding aftermarket head unit...

I am also about to begin installing a Jensen 7" flip up DVD touchscreen into my 2003 Mazda 6 and was wondering if ANYONE has ever tried to "mod" the stock dash rather than buying the metra turbo kit? Also, I called around and got a pretty fair price for the Metra (997503) but if ANYONE has one for sale here I would be willing to buy it from them. Last but not least, what troubles should I plan on having once installed? I have the Bose system?

My friend ordered this double din DVD player to substitute his orginal CD player. It is wonderful! (fuoops)

0c30ea829f61f206942634e26839eea4.image.360x360.jpg

# Built-in GPS navigation, and you can listen music or radio while in navigation
# 7" 800*480 Digital High Definition TFT LCD touchscreen
# PIP function , you can use 2 of DVD/TV/Radio/bluetooth/Navi/AUX at the same time.
# Support RDS and optional built-in DVB-T function
# Support iPod iPhone
# Bluetooth (with telephone book)
# with Steering Wheel Control
# Auto rear viewing function.
# Button light: Red/Blue/Purple/No. Several touch sound
# You can change the background picture by yourself
# Virtual 6 disks CDC: V-6 disc changer memory (6 disc music can be memory in the unit while you listening the music)

http://www.autodvdgps.com/mazda6-dvd-gps-navigation-player-with-7-digital-hd-touchscreen-pip-rds-bluetooth-ipod-control-p-480.html

Has anyone installed Ipod adapter?

Hey has anyone installed the OEM ipod adapter in a 2009 M6 with NAV and sirius? Just curious as to how difficult it is, got a qoute from the dealership to have it installed and it was over $500! Thought if it wasn't too difficult i would order the adapter and harness online and do it myself. Suggestions??

Thanks

Hey ms6 - fng, i just got an '07 mazda speed6, and i am wondering the same thing as you, my car came with the sirius sat. radio on it, and i have an ipod touch, ive read that i cant have both. or isnt there some way to just plug the ipod in the back of the radio and plug it into the earphone part on the ipod? also i tried pulling my radio out last night and was afraid id break it, i had the front two bottom screws out, and then tried pullin it but it wouldnt budge? any suggestions?

Just a FYI for people adding a sub to the Wagon with the sub in the spare tire. On my 2004 the speaker input you tie into is a yellow small wire. The other wire is correct.

Works like a champ. I do have a small thump when I turn the radio off now but that is not to big of a issue.

James

somebody has pics or tell me step by step how to do the first option (Use aftermarket HU pre-outs connected to harness and maintain Bose amplifier and speakers)
please advice.

ok guys i just bought a ms6. have you determined what is best system, from where and how much? i really only need a mini-jack to plug in my iphone, xm, mp3, etc. Is there steps showing how to get to the back of the radio.

So can we clarify should you install 2 ohm speakers when using stock amp and stock headunit with BOSE systems.. Or can you use 4 ohm speakers as well. I dont care too much about a volume increase I want clearer sounding speakers.. I have a 6.5 inch component kappa set and a 6.5 inch 2 way kappa set they are 2ohm that lead to 4ohm coils something like that.,,

Back