Factory Radio Upgrade Options (plus MP3 options)

(mj)(mj)Today I install the AudioLink 3in one unit to my MS6. It was a breeze. I just access to the back of the radio unit from the driver side above and left from the pedals as you looking laying upside down. Took me 3 min. I just mound it next to my seatbelt clip. Very good product and good sound quality. Recomended. (mj)

I've already ordered my switching box, and now I'm debating on which iPod setup to get. I noticed that the first post doesn't talk about the NEO kit (from SU). It's $199, and I haven't heard any feedback about it yet.

Looks like the price is now $179.00. The only advantage over the AudioLink adapter I see is that you don't have to set up playlists ahead of time and it won't lock-out your iPod at any time (AudioLink locks out iPod when controlling from factory radio, or unlocks with no control from factory radio). If those features are worth the additional $55.00 then give it a try and let us know how it works out.

that's odd, my audiolink doesn't seem to have those restrictions

I can control my ipod from the car or the ipod at the same time

and I don't have to use playlists either, I can just tell it to shuffle all or play in order or whatever

One other thing worth mentioning, there's another company called GROM Audio that makes an adaptor that works by mimicking the CD changer, not sure on the price though. www.gromaudio.com

I ordered the NEO kit, and I'm hoping to have an answer to update this as to whether or not some of these products work with the switching box.

Does anyone have part numbers for the following...having a hard time locating parts on the website. Thanks

MAZDA iPod Integration Module
$119 from www.onlinemazdaparts.com
Controls your iPod using head unit only. Display shows track # and time. All controls on the iPod are disabled when it is connected. Not compatible if you already have factory Sirius tuner.

MAZDA SWITCHING BOX
$113 from www.onlinemazdaparts.com
This unit allows cars equipped with Sirius Satelite radio to also use an IPod adapter. It is designed to work with the MAZDA IPod integration module but it should work with the AudioLink module also.

Last edited:
Got it. So really I can't have sirius and ipod control at the same time? Looks like it's only for 3's w/aux port. beat.

Well I tried mine with the NEO kit, but from this thread it sounds like you might be ok with the Mazda iPod kit.

Well I tried mine with the NEO kit, but from this thread it sounds like you might be ok with the Mazda iPod kit.
Sadly, this thread is all I have to go by. The stealership parts guys are clueless. They know there is no room for the ipod adapter with nav and sirius already installed...and that is about it.

Just trying to keep everything OE parts on this one.

Is it worth a $100 gamble? I'm txt'ing my friend w a speed3 to see what it has factory. maybe he can use it if I can't.

According to Online Mazda parts,

The iPod kit is C9F2V6572US and the switching box is C9F1V6261.
Thank you sir.

Last edited:
Sadly, this thread is all I have to go by. The stealership parts guys are clueless. They know there is no room for the ipod adapter with nav and sirius already installed...and that is about it.

Just trying to keep everything OE parts on this one.

Is it worth a $100 gamble? I'm txt'ing my friend w a speed3 to see what it has factory. maybe he can use it if I can't.

Thank you sir.

I found that behind the glovebox you could mount that box, as it's not that big. Also, the Sirius connection goes to the passenger side of the car, but exactly where I'm not sure. Let me know if that box will help, I need to get rid of it ASAP. You're not gonna find it cheaper than that, as it was anywhere between $110-150 online from what I found.

hey guys! new to the site. i have the 6 disk changer without the MP3. i wanna use the aux button for my iphone so that way i got gps and mp3s and i wanted to mount it in my dash box that's for the factory GPS that i don't have.

is there a way i can hook it all up and have my iphone be charging at the same time? i have a cigarette lighter under the stereo so the only charger i have is in the center console

let me know what u guys think would be the cheapest and easiest way to get this iphone hooked up to my aux. Thanks

kurt

MAZDA Factory Radio MP3 changer upgrade
$420 from www.onlinemazdaparts.com
This unit replaces your current head unit and allows you to play MP3 CDs. The price is steep compared to your other options below.

Would this factory changer upgrade work with Bose setup?

or

Where could I find a dashkit that would allow to add 1din headunit on top of the dash (above the a/c screen)? (I have seen pics of these..)
Then just connect the rca outs of new HU to Bose amp and ready to go?

There should be a version of the factory mp3 changer that works with the Bose head unit. I don't know if it is the exact model number. You would have to contact your mazda dealer or ask onlinemazdaparts.

I think the dash kit you are talking about is a custom job. I have seen people make them out of fiberglass but I have not seen a product on the market you can buy cheap. But aside from that, there is nothing stopping you from installing a head unit up there and connecting it to the Bose amp.

big problem in my stereo Aux

before one year i buy usb Mp3 player from therpmstore.com and connect with Aux and it is work fine

now when i push button "CD" no Aux onlt CD Player is work

i check the Usb mp3 player with anther car same my car it is working only in my car no anser ?? no commend ???

need solution plz

The switching box does NOT work with the 6/MS6. I tested various MP3/iPod adaptors and none would recognize both ports on the Sirius/iPod end of the switching box.

If you are running Sirius, you cannot get any iPod interface that uses the 16-pin connection (white plug). You will have to get the Auxmod or teh Axxess interface to utilize both inputs or remove your Sirius.

While we're on topic, this is being discussed in another thread, the MS6 didn't come with an MP3-compatible head unit, correct?

Back