Fabric under the engine hood falling apart

Hello,

Owner of a 2011 CX-9 here.

The fabric under the engine hood is being deteriorating noticeable since last year.

Question(s):

1- Is this a concern?
2- Can this be replaced?
3- Where I can find the part(s)?

Thanks in advance!

H.
20230412_074356.jpg

Attachments

• 20230412_074359.jpg
    20230412_074359.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 45
I might be wrong, but it kind of looks like some rodents have been chewing away at the fabric.

I think both parts can probably be replaced. You can stop by a local dealer to get actual part numbers and the costs that they would charge you to buy and install them, and then you can search for those part numbers online to see if you can get a better deal. They look like they would be fairly simple to replace, just pop out a few buttons/clips and they should come right off.

Upvote 0
I might be wrong, but it kind of looks like some rodents have been chewing away at the fabric.

I think both parts can probably be replaced. You can stop by a local dealer to get actual part numbers and the costs that they would charge you to buy and install them, and then you can search for those part numbers online to see if you can get a better deal. They look like they would be fairly simple to replace, just pop out a few buttons/clips and they should come right off.
most likely squirrels

Upvote 0
Back