Extended Lug Nuts On Stock Wheels?

SimplyUnlucky

:
2000 protege lx
Ok so this is an odd question but I was wondering if you guys think that this will work. I have stock 14" steel wheels and I was thinking about getting some extended lug nuts. I will provide pictures of the lugs I have and the lugs I was thinking about buying. Sorry my pictures are out of focus I couldn't get my phone to focus on them, and didn't feel like running to get the DSLR.

Here are the stock lugs

9551797236_c1feb7797e_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

9551796038_38dec5f236_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

And here are the lugs I where looking at

9551927884_98f029194e_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

be careful with those aluminium (alloy) lug nuts. i wouldn't get extended lug nuts without longer wheels studs. you really should run longer extended wheel studs with those to make sure you have proper torque strength on them. softer alloys require more thread engagement to attain the same torque specs.

be careful with those aluminium (alloy) lug nuts. i wouldn't get extended lug nuts without longer wheels studs. you really should run longer extended wheel studs with those to make sure you have proper torque strength on them. softer alloys require more thread engagement to attain the same torque specs.

Yeah, I did the reaserch beforehand and found the arp part numbers, so the seat of the lug look correct though? That's what Im mostly worried about.

Back