exhaust size

there's a guy here in college station with the 4" hks system. he's running 12's and still has the stock turbos.

SuperSpudUH: hah... go silvia guy on a MSP board....
Production S14: oh okay
Production S14: i'll get off of the board for you.
SuperSpudUH: ok thanx
Production S14: sorry i didn't know i was intruding.
SuperSpudUH: b/c it was really pissing me off

Production S14: refresh.
Production S14: i posted again
Production S14: you'll like it.
SuperSpudUH: you're a ***

Edit: Are you talking about the HKS Super Dragger?

Edit2: GCotton wins.

Last edited:
haha, almost forgot. there's another guy running a 4" exhaust on his nissan ser spec v.......yeah you read right. 4" piping on a basically stock spec v. apparently he wanted to be loud......

gcotton said:
Go with 3, bigger is always better

and you my friend, are wrong......

bigger is sometimes better, within reason.... the difference betweeen a 2.5" and 3" on a msp, is tiny..... unless you are going to be pumping out 250+, which VERY few ppl are, you really dont need a 3". 2.5" is just fine.

Everybody always gets so touchy about exhaust size. Yes I do plan on pumping(lol) out 250whp. So yes I suggest a 3", but if hes just gonna throw a intake on then get a 2.5". I dont care thats just my opinion

KyRaceFan said:
did you measure?
Its 2.25 inches..

The ID is 50 mm. Are you guys measuring the ID or OD? Pipe sizes are given by their ID not OD.
Only the muffler is 2.25" ID
The mid pipe is the same one used in the regular Proteges, including the P5 so in theory you could go and buy a catback for a regular Protege and it will work in our cars.

If the exhaust ID is already 2.25", why does Magnaflow sell a 2.25" ID catback for the MSP?

Last edited:
Back