Exhaust/Power Mods

this guy is selling his 03.5 axelback..........its a real good deal, i just dont like the 03.5 look. http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108141

as far as headers..........awr is the best, but its very expensive. so for economic reasons i would go with obx. HKS makes a great souding exhaust, but its a little pricey if your only wanting to spend 400 total. i would say buy that guys mazdaspeed exhaust and an obx header and you should still have a little left to get a used cai. You could always get an ebay.com cai and just buy an aem or injen filter. it would be the same thing.

Is that axleback what I need? Will it bolt right up and sound a lot louder? I want it to be pretty noticeably louder, but I'm sure it won't sound like my son's full turboback on the H4 WRX.

it will be a little louder than the mp3 one because it is larger than the mp3 exhaust. i was just suggesting it because 1) its real cheap (normally like $300 new) 2) it will be louder than stock mp3 3) its racing beat
see if you can find someone in your hometown on here with an 03.5 STOCK msp to listen to thiers to see if you like it. Theres bound to be someone in your area that would let you. I know a dozen here in houston.

oh! but if you did a header with it, it will substantially increase the sound of your exhaust.

I think I am just going to go with the Vibrant axleback and OBX headers. How much power would a midpipe add?

Back