Exhaust mp5

Kswisss1234

:
Protege5
I want a exhaust for my mp5 I don't want one of the loud as enjoying one I just want something with a little purr

racing beat will be the most mild, then probably the magnaflow system.

I just got the ebay exhaust and installed it, it really isn't that loud. I'm sure if you spent the extra couple hundred on magnaflow or something name brand it would sound a little more toned down with a richer purr, but for $120 you really can't beat the ebay one.
I'm gonna post a video of it sooner or later today, so check the ebay thread to get a listen

the Racing Beat has a nice tone as mentioned. As long as you are keeping both cats most aftermarket exhausts are tolerable.

I posted a video of the eBay exhaust in the eBay exhaust thread a while back. It's still the you just gotta flip they the pages. It's from inside the car cycling thru the gears on a long straight road

I have one of these: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

It sounds good, nice and deep but not very loud, with much better fitment than the ebay system. I had the ebay system on my last P5 and I thought it sounded great, but it rattled against my bumper and heat shield. The JIC Magic system looks wayyy better too, IMO.

Mazdaspeed

2013-03-19 07.52.38.jpg
Hello. I just put a Mazdaspeed exhaust on last night. It sounds great. It's not that loud, just more throaty than stock. I love the full shiny look of it. I got it new from ebay for $135 plus shipping, from the seller "mikey3250". I think he is from Bosal, because the paypal charge was to Bosal. I was temped to go with the racingbeat cat-back exhaust, but this axle back piece was cheaper and easier to install. I had been without any muffler for nine days since a pothole ate my stock muffler. It felt great to not wake up my neighbors this morning on my way to work.

Last edited:
View attachment 201532
Hello. I just put a Mazdaspeed exhaust on last night. It sounds great. It's not that loud, just more throaty than stock. I love the full shiny look of it. I got it new from ebay for $135 plus shipping, from the seller "mikey3250". I think he is from Bosal, because the paypal charge was to Bosal. I was temped to go with the racingbeat cat-back exhaust, but this axle back piece was cheaper and easier to install. I had been without any muffler for nine days since a pothole ate my stock muffler. It felt great to not wake up my neighbors this morning on my way to work.

Have you driven on the freeway yet? Curious to get your impressions on the sound when you're going at higher speeds. It's been discussed heavily in the past amongst members about the droning that takes place at those speeds. I'm looking at purchasing one as well, but don't really want the drone.

Look into the tanabe axle-back. I've heard both the racing beat and the Tanabe, and to be honest...I think the tanabe sounds better. Side by side at idle and moderate load they both have a similar sound, but the tanabe likes to sing a little more in the higher RPMs.

Have you driven on the freeway yet? Curious to get your impressions on the sound when you're going at higher speeds. It's been discussed heavily in the past amongst members about the droning that takes place at those speeds. I'm looking at purchasing one as well, but don't really want the drone.

it def. drones at higher speeds, specifically within 3-4k rpms. It didn't actually bother me when highway driving. It did however drive me nuts in stop and go traffic. I took it off and I am going to sell it, because I bought a racing beat cat back instead, being that my resonator pipe is thrashed from winters.

If you are anything like me (I wont even get the ebay exhaust because I still think it is going to drone) I'd probably skip the mazdaspeed axleback.

it def. drones at higher speeds, specifically within 3-4k rpms. It didn't actually bother me when highway driving. It did however drive me nuts in stop and go traffic. I took it off and I am going to sell it, because I bought a racing beat cat back instead, being that my resonator pipe is thrashed from winters.

If you are anything like me (I wont even get the ebay exhaust because I still think it is going to drone) I'd probably skip the mazdaspeed axleback.

Thanks for providing your feedback. I'm trying to think here but in local ity driving in 4th and 5th gear cruising in town (going 35-55) is that where it was droning on you? I figure I would probably have to be concerned about the droning on hwy, but didn't really consider city driving. Might be a deal breaker....ugh.

I got the Greddy Evo2 Exhaust catback with a cheap air intake system lol for my protege, it sounds deep but its not loud. i love it. i bet it would be just a lil louder with headers and a cold air intake.

Thanks for providing your feedback. I'm trying to think here but in local ity driving in 4th and 5th gear cruising in town (going 35-55) is that where it was droning on you? I figure I would probably have to be concerned about the droning on hwy, but didn't really consider city driving. Might be a deal breaker....ugh.

Well I didn't have a problem 4th or 5th around town. Daily I commute to my job which is about 15 miles away, and then to my school, which is about 15 miles past that. It is a mixture of highway and city driving. Cruising in between 60-70 it did not bother me, and 4th-5th (35-45mph) around town it did not bother me. But when shifting in city driving between 3k and 4k rpms through the first couple gears, and crusing at 75-80, it really gets drony and loud. It must be a point where there is a lot of resonance in the exhaust or something, I'm not sure. My girlfriend is somewhat into cars and is generally not bothered by exhausts and such, but her and I both would get really annoyed with it when driving in heavy traffic or cruising faster speeds.
I feel like i'm rambling but hopefully that helped.

Well I didn't have a problem 4th or 5th around town. Daily I commute to my job which is about 15 miles away, and then to my school, which is about 15 miles past that. It is a mixture of highway and city driving. Cruising in between 60-70 it did not bother me, and 4th-5th (35-45mph) around town it did not bother me. But when shifting in city driving between 3k and 4k rpms through the first couple gears, and crusing at 75-80, it really gets drony and loud. It must be a point where there is a lot of resonance in the exhaust or something, I'm not sure. My girlfriend is somewhat into cars and is generally not bothered by exhausts and such, but her and I both would get really annoyed with it when driving in heavy traffic or cruising faster speeds.
I feel like i'm rambling but hopefully that helped.

No ramble. I really appreciate your honest assessment.

I have the Mazdaspeed muffler as well but could barely feel the drone. Sounds pretty sexy and not annoying at all. (I've been thru Honda days where I have to shout to have a conversation in the car)

Mine is a stock 4-speed automatic, I wonder if it was because of timuhai's busted pipe from winter. You should just buy it from timuhai for a good price :D

I have the Mazdaspeed muffler as well but could barely feel the drone. Sounds pretty sexy and not annoying at all. (I've been thru Honda days where I have to shout to have a conversation in the car)

Mine is a stock 4-speed automatic, I wonder if it was because of timuhai's busted pipe from winter. You should just buy it from timuhai for a good price :D

well, my reso pipe was not leaking when I first got the mazdaspeed axleback and it still droned. I took it off because it was 5 times worse when my resonator pipe was leaking...so I just bought the RB cat back to solve the whole problem...lol

I thought about the ebay cat back, but I don't like how the flanges do not line up right.

well, my reso pipe was not leaking when I first got the mazdaspeed axleback and it still droned. I took it off because it was 5 times worse when my resonator pipe was leaking...so I just bought the RB cat back to solve the whole problem...lol

I thought about the ebay cat back, but I don't like how the flanges do not line up right.

Pm me a price ur considering and I might take it off your hands...since I'm still trying to decide :)

Hello. I can not hear the drone. I was listening for it to and from work. I still like the sound of the Mazdaspeed exhaust. I have it paired with an AEM short ram intake. If i find the drone, i will re-post. I recorded the sound during acceleration, but i can not figure out how to upload a sound file.

Back