Exhaust leak? Have no clue what is wrong! HELP PLEASE!

gambit20

The other day I got a straight pipe welded in place of my resonator. As soon as I drove away I didnt like the sound but also noticed my car was quieter and wasn't as fast. I was hitting 18psi consistently and now I was barely reaching 16psi if even that. I went back and got my resonator put back on and the problem still is there. The car is still the same. I can't figure out what would be causing this issue. Exhuast leak? Bad welds? I'm gonna have a shop look at it this weekend. Car still drives fine but its not the same. My car also sounds stock again its not loud at all. I have a corksport racepipe and corksport axleback and it sounds so quiet when before i touched anything down there it was much louder. Ive also lost the vibrations i got from my exhuast feels like stock again Help anyone please? Sorry for the repost!

I have an intake and inlet pipe,racepipe,axleback exhaust,ptp internals and forge bpv. Im running a stage 2 tune which says im suppose to be hitting 18psi and im barely getting up to 16psi.

Probably load based tuned and you're hitting the same load at 16psi that you were at 18psi. You need to get a real tune. etune or get with John at PTP.

OP: Did you ever get your problem resolved?

I'm thinking that posters above are right about load based tuning not needing to reach 18 psi to produce the same engine load and power level.

This is why I recommend in addition to datalogging that guys buy a simple stopwatch and learn how to use it to time WOT in either 3rd gear 50-75 mph or 4th gear 60-100 mph. It is highly accurate and repeatable. That way you have a baseline and when something happens, you can make comparisons. After all, it's how much power you actually put down on the road surface that matters. While your datalogs will tell you a lot of useful things, timed acceleration is also very useful.

If you knew, for instance that your 50-75 3rd gear WOT was normally say, 2.7 seconds, and all of a sudden it jumps up substantially to 3.0 or higher on the same road at approximately the same ambient temp, you know that power is down and can start looking to find out why.

Last edited:
Back