Erroneous low tire pressure warning?

These indirect TPMS can be impacted by road surface. Uneven or different material (on side concrete, on side blacktop) can trigger them. It's happened to me many times on different cars that use these indirect systems.

These indirect TPMS can be impacted by road surface. Uneven or different material (on side concrete, on side blacktop) can trigger them. It's happened to me many times on different cars that use these indirect systems.

good info to know.. maybe she went over some bumps...

On related note, I set the instrument cluster tire pressure reminder warning to 30days, but at every 15 days it will warn me to check. Kind of annoying sine it is set to 30.

On related note, I set the instrument cluster tire pressure reminder warning to 30days, but at every 15 days it will warn me to check. Kind of annoying sine it is set to 30.

I forgot about those settings. I need to set that up. Thanks!

The rear passenger tire has been down 1-2 psi every week or so. The other tires stayed at the same psi. It tripped of the TPMS warning a few weeks ago & I've been checking it every few days. It didn't loose air when it was warmer out but since its been cooling off bc of fall, only that tire is 1-2 less than others & I keep filling it.
Probably not a tight seal as I didn't find any nails or punctures in the tread.
Would that be covered under the bumper to bumper 36k mile warranty?
I guess I can take it to a tire shop.

Last edited:
Put a drop of soapy water on the valve stem base & tip to make sure it is sealing. Also you can do that to the area where the tire meets the rim.

The rear passenger tire has been down 1-2 psi every week or so. The other tires stayed at the same psi. It tripped of the TPMS warning a few weeks ago & I've been checking it every few days. It didn't loose air when it was warmer out but since its been cooling off bc of fall, only that tire is 1-2 less than others & I keep filling it.
Probably not a tight seal as I didn't find any nails or punctures in the tread.
Would that be covered under the bumper to bumper 36k mile warranty?
I guess I can take it to a tire shop.

Tire issues are usually not covered unless you bought the extra tire coverage they try to sell you at the finance office, but it should be fast and cheap for any tire shop to fix.

Back