Engine Mounts Westar vs. OEM

Engine Mounts Westar vs. OEM

• Total voters

Davicho

:
ZoomZoom
I need a consensus opinion

Westar Mounts from Rock Auto for half the price of OEM Mazda mounts or OEM Mazda mounts?

Any personal experience with Westar mounts?

I don't recall buying anything from Westar, even though I buy from Rock Auto on occasion.

For half price I'd probably give them a shot, unless someone comes along and says they don't last as long as OEM.

I need a consensus opinion

Westar Mounts from Rock Auto for half the price of OEM Mazda mounts or OEM Mazda mounts?

Any personal experience with Westar mounts?

I installed a westar pmm on our 2008 and it only lasted for a year. I would not buy it again.

So I've pondering...I don't really want a vibrating feeling when idling but what do you guys think if I went with the eFocus lower trans mount and keep the OEM passenger side mount?

1. Will the eFocus mount prolong the life of the passenger side motor mount being that it is stiffer and probably provides less stress on the PSM?
2. Will I get a lot more vibration from doing this hybrid set up?

I'd like a better off the line response feeling, without sacrificing too much comfort in the way of vibration and possible prolong the life of the PSM.

Any thoughts???

Are any of the Mazda mounts the "hydraulic" oil filled type? From my past experience with other cars, the hydraulic mounts keep the vibration to near zero but only last a few years.

Are any of the Mazda mounts the "hydraulic" oil filled type? From my past experience with other cars, the hydraulic mounts keep the vibration to near zero but only last a few years.

The PSM is a hydraulic mount but the lower trans mount is not. The OEM lower mount is a rubber mount with a couple crevices. The eFocus mount is a solid design, although I am not sure if its rubber or poly.

Back