Engine mounts, availability, brand, places to buy???

Jason94Cobra

:
03.5 MSP and 94 Cobra
Any thing out there that people can toss out as suggestions?

Seems like the older these cars get there might be more options and then again sometimes not as people move on to other cars to mod...

I wanted the Minerva Mounts, but my refund should be complete shortly since I think that two months is too long to wait for an allegedly lost package that I of course NEVER received a tracking number for in the first place... I still want them, but I am too afraid to risk trying to order them again or wait too much longer for a new set of mounts...

I have been looking, but I wanted to ask opinions in a fresh new thread so I can hear options, current places to buy from, and user's comments if they are already in use...

Good deals are a plus, but I want quality parts too... I just spend $2,000 on the darn clutch and LSD replacement so I am scared to wait too much longer before replacing these mounts...

Thanks!!! J

I am sort of leaning towards the AWR kit this time around... I am starting to think they will be just fine on a stock MSP for long enough till I can afford the Street Unit 4 piece set... I am looking at the SLS front and side as possible options too...

Why would you buy the AWR and then move to the **********? that is a waste of money. motor mounts are motor mounts. Just get the AWR front and rear and call it a day.

Why would you buy the AWR and then move to the **********? that is a waste of money. motor mounts are motor mounts. Just get the AWR front and rear and call it a day.

So you are referring to the AWR normal level and not the AWR Ultimate set??? If I get anything AWR it will be with the inserts just because... and those will likely get window welded in place on top of things...

I try to keep in mind that this is my little daily driver for MPG and still fun to corner... but I have a bad habit of overbuilding things for perceived durability... The Cobra for instance has a suspension that would probably stand up to about 800 rwhp and I am likely only close to 325 rwhp on that car... WILL be ordering something before the end of this weekend!!!

Inserts will work if your stock mounts aren't torn, otherwise you have to replace them. If you window weld the stock mounts then there is no point in going with solid mounts. I still say go with 70 duro AWR and get all 4.

Im telling you, just get the mid duro AWR mounts and call it a day. Now I have said my peace do what you will.

BTW I have never heard it called window weld lol, everyone around here just calls it window urethane......

I finally received my refund for my purchase I made with Minerva. After waiting nearly two months as well. I guess I'm just going to do it right this time and forge out the extra cash for the AWR's. Wish i would of went with them to begin with so I wouldn't of had to deal with all of this in the first place.

SpeedCircuit has excellent customer service. Anything I have ordered from them was always faster getting to me and communication was A LOTTTTTTT better than Ken at PG. Nothing against Ken I have bought alot of stuff off of him and now I will always order from SU

Last edited:
Ive been busy working six days a week since the holidays are coming up (I work for Fedex Ground) so hopefully when I get a day off I'll make a purchase. I really need to get a set ASAP. my passenger side mount is completely collapsed and the other ones appear to be fine for the most part, but Im getting an insane amount of vibrations when the car is at idle. and you can feel the engine rock pretty bad when easing off the gas when driving. Its not something I want to play around with and risk damaging the car. I'll do a little more shopping around and PM you guys as well.

I just sent a PM about the AWR stuff... looks like they might have a set I am interested that is in between the expensive 4pc set and the normal ones... I think I am getting one of those two sets as soon as I hear from the PM... I have never called it anything else, but perhaps I have just only used the actual 3M branded product by chance... hmmmm

BTW I have never heard it called window weld lol, everyone around here just calls it window urethane......

086091.jpg

I just sent a PM about the AWR stuff... looks like they might have a set I am interested that is in between the expensive 4pc set and the normal ones... I think I am getting one of those two sets as soon as I hear from the PM... I have never called it anything else, but perhaps I have just only used the actual 3M branded product by chance... hmmmm

086091.jpg

Yeah it says window urethane on there also ;D

Su mounts is what i recommend. Great for DD, looks great in the bay, and feels great. Hardly any noticeable vibration (68 duro). I plan on getting the whole set soon for my build soon next season.

I have a SLS Performance solid front mount and what a world of difference! I just ordered a set in a package deal of another front and a passenger that have almost 8,000 on them, I'll be selling the front one soon after I receive them if anyone is interested! I'll have to post a new thread with proper pics and signage when they come in but if interested keep your eyes open

This car is reaching the end of my patience... I ended up giving up on what I wanted and just ordered the normal AWR mounts with the inserts for now... hopefully they come soon... I just hope the timing belt holds out till the rest of this stuff gets here...

Back