Engine Mount Exchange

So as an initial thought, how about we pass around the window weld as well? As long as the end is sealed it should still work well for multiple people.

Spare car is nice. My Miata is my main car to mess around with. My 2 is the stable car which I am now modifying and autocrossing. So I don't want it to be down in case the Miata is having issues.

I have never used camber bolts. I always just slot the mounting holes on the shock and use factory size bolts. I bought some ARP ones for the 2 so if I slip them I must be making 4G's of cornering or something.

Yeah this is my first time. I've always slotted my struts as well. But I figured if the bolts were good enough for a Bspec car on R comp tires then it's okay for my backroad shenanigans.

That might work locally zps2004, but I don't see myself shipping a used tube of urethane. It just wouldn't be worth it.

I did see that as well. When I get Bilsteins later this year I will probably give them a try. Mainly because it will be easier to align. If it slips I can always then slot them.
I

Who has a stock mount to sell me? I'm ready to get this done and cant have my car down for the time it takes for the urethane to cure.

I dug mine out... i was way MIA earlier in this thread but i still have mine. $20 plus shipping.

If he doesn't take it I am still up for it. Just let me know so we can get this started.

zps- crgracer should have his stocker freed up also, you may wanna see if he'd be willing to ship his to you.

I don't think so. I already filled in my mount while driving the Miata for a week.

I have one and really like it. There was virtually no cabin resonance until it got cold out.
I installed it immediately after taking delivery of the car so I cannot compare/contrast
to the stock mount.

That Sure mount is tempting. I have the 70? duro AWR mount and it's horrid. I'd love the thing if it were a dedicated track car but the NVH is unbearable for a DD. Dropped a full 10s off my AutoX time though, so it atleast has its merits.

That Sure mount is tempting. I have the 70? duro AWR mount and it's horrid. I'd love the thing if it were a dedicated track car but the NVH is unbearable for a DD. Dropped a full 10s off my AutoX time though, so it atleast has its merits.

lol you r complaing about the 70... I have the 88 and gave in and took it off as a DD after 4 months... Now its just a dedicated autox piece.

the sure mount looks yummy for DD... I guess you get what you pay for.

I have one and really like it. There was virtually no cabin resonance until it got cold out.
I installed it immediately after taking delivery of the car so I cannot compare/contrast
to the stock mount.

Thanks. My car will never see the track. It is a daily driver so excessive vibration would be a concern.

Back