Focus

:
MSP and RX-7
Engine Compartment fires really suck.

This is what happens when an extra injector leaks:

fire001.jpg

fire002.jpg

fire003.jpg

I was able to contain the damage but the fire took out the extra injectors, some vacuum hoses and the harness that runs on top of the motor. It's gonna be a PITA to rewire the harness.

SenorCorwin said:
wow... what ignited it? glad your alright and it could have been worse.

Still trying to figure out how it lit. I'm a little upset tonight, so I will jump on it tomorrow.

i had a leaking injector, i messed up the o ring reinstalling them, i guess i was fortunate, sorry about your loss man!!

holy crap that sucks man, but I guess it could have been much worse

when I installed my bigger injectors one of my o-rings was bad and it was leaking, I am glad that I caught it

ohhhh you have an extra rail setup, chances are they leaked from right there. Mine used to all the time i was constantly changing lines. i have a small leak right now. Go braided man.

Unless your positive it came from the injector. The bad thing about a leak there is it will pool up in the runners and on top of the mani.

Update: I did go to a salvage yard, they let me cut out the part of the harness I needed. I have started on cleaning up the wiring. As for the vacuum hoses, I have a shitload of spare parts, so that's not an issue. I am still trying to source out 4 injectors.

Sucks man, I had the stock injectors sitting in a box at home but I threw them out not too long ago. Good luck with everything bud.

Back