Engine blew!! Need Help!!

Endless1

:
Mazdaspeed6
Well as the discription says the motor went kaboom, ive been having a hard time finding a replacement engine for it, ive look all over and cant seem to find anything, i get alot of ms3 engines but im not sure if these engines will just bolt up to the tranny and if the wiring harness/connectors are the same as the ms6. and the ecu's are set up diffrent. if anyone knows of a great place to purchase a replacment engine for the ms6 i really would apreciate the help.
my cars been down for over 5 months any help greatley apreciated.

ECU and wiring maybe different. Im betting 100 percent the ECU is different due to the AWD.

But it may still run with that ecu. I know hondas can well come. I ran a 1.6 ecu on a 1.8 it just plugged in and the car ran. Of course it limited the power

yea ive done swaps before i think ur right, im really want just a direct replacement no hassle deal, im trading the car in after i swap the motor in, its been a great experinence but i think its time for me to move on, will part out some of the aftermarket cobb stuff i have once i get it up and running again.

yea ive done swaps before i think ur right, im really want just a direct replacement no hassle deal, im trading the car in after i swap the motor in, its been a great experinence but i think its time for me to move on, will part out some of the aftermarket cobb stuff i have once i get it up and running again.

Well good luck.. Sorry about the motor.. What mods did you have when it blew

so all the wiring and plugs are the same? and ecu?

Yes, although the MS6 is AWD the basic MZR engine is the same in the MS3. You are not swapping wire harness or ecu. All you are buying is the long block which does not come with the tranny. I double checked with a friend that works at a local mazda dealer ship.

Yes, although the MS6 is AWD the basic MZR engine is the same in the MS3. You are not swapping wire harness or ecu. All you are buying is the long block which does not come with the tranny. I double checked with a friend that works at a local mazda dealer ship.

Sometimes though when you blow a motor and it locks you fry the clutch and possible transmission damage.

Well to answer the mods question, the car was running cobb sri intake and tip, turbosmart bov in full recirc mode, 1 step colder denso plugs cobb stage 1 accessport map, as far as the motor blowing up from what i can see it was 3rd cylinder the blew apart, i can only think of a few reasons it would blow, either threw a rod or one of the injectors failed causing it to lean out under boost, still not 100% certain.

thanks again for everyones input on this i can now feel at ease when it comes to finding a motor.

no engine wasnt under heavey load, i was taking off at a red light normal and when it got to around 3k rpm it went boom

i just bought a hole 2.3t long block engine off a wrecked ms6 off some junk yard in Canada it was on ebay almost s*** my pants! his seller name is lecavalierautoparts. hope this helps u!

Latest posts

Back