Emanage coming soon

KyRaceFan

:
03 MSP.
Hey guys, been a while since ive been here, but just gonna give a heads up that i am ordering an emanage monday or tuesday of this week, and will hopefully have everything come together in the next month. :D

Been reading some of the emanage threads on here, and will hopefully be contributing to them as well.

Wish me luck, my goal is 230hp with no FMIC, but that will come later this spring.

Planned Parts list:
WRX 440s
Emanage system, using both fuel and timing control.
Greddy MAP sensor.
Flyin Miata o2 Modifier.
Wideband tuned.

:D

Emanage has been ordered, but im having second thoughts on this now after really researching everything i need. I am getting this stuff at less than retail, but damn this stuff adds up quick

Emanage Main Unit
Injector and Ignition Harnesses
CD Software
Map Sensor
RPM Signal Adapter
Flyin Miata o2 Mod
AEM wideband
WRX 440s
Installation Labor.

I am getting a HUGE hook up from a local shop i hang out at, but im just not sure if this is really worth it in the long run. I was willing to spend 500 or 600, but this hole project is looking at about 1000+ now to make it work correctly. Im a broke college student.. not really sure i can afford all this right now.

Obviously, i dont have to have the wideband, but it will make tuning this so much easier and safer.

I dont wanna offend the shop either by ordering everything cheaper on ebay since they are installing it cheap too. Hmm..

Does everyone think this is really worth it?
I havent actually paid anything yet, and i dont wanna be doing this for the next 3 months. Argh.... cars suck!

Last edited:
take advantage of the fact that you're getting some help now, bite the bullet on the expenses, and consider it a long term investment.

i always start to freak when i buy something pretty expensive, but you just gotta stick to your decision and find the bright spot.

being a broke college student sucks - i feel your pain ...

why didnt you buy the greddy o2 modifier? You didn't need the MAP sensor unless you wanted the extra 16x16 resolution on top of the 16x16.

Greddy o2 mod?

Dont see that anywhere, and the greddy website is so confusing, it says i can set the airflow adjustment with a factory MAF or MAP, but i can use the greddy MAP and press sensor to set larger scales of adjustment. If i can only tune 5 preset points +-20% without it that still gives me some control, but id rather have a 16x16 adjustment map.
The additional map is for extra injector control, which i wouldnt utilize since part of the plan is to upgrade my injectors to 440s.

Who all is running an emanage MSP right now? Anyone left? It seems like everyone that ive read about that does it has sold it for something else.

I could use some good advice here.

I still run the Emanage and have been for over a year you will love it, one thing you will need to do is free up your exhaust. I can not see your mods if they are in your sig.

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74341&highlight=emanage

This is the best thread for the emanage, I do have maps for my car, you will find out that you can not mess with the timing to much with the emanage.
One other very important thing is are you flashed with your ECU? I never got mine done, because that I beleave advances your timing. So be careful.

mods as follows
3in exhaust
hard pipes
CAI
FCD(to be removed when the emanage goes on)
Manual Boost Controller
Non flashed ECU.

How exactly does the MSP control stock timing. Does the ECU read a Cam Angle Sensor and then add or remove timing based on boost pressure? Ive been running 8psi for a while, and turned it up to 11 last night. Pulled great at first, but today it feels like the ECU pulled abotu 10 degrees of timing. Its still really quick, but there definately is a big difference.

Also, 1fstmsp mentioned a yahoo emanage forum, i looked but couldnt find it. Anyone have a link?

Thanks!

The non flashed ecu timing goes down to as much as -2 degrees under boost and 9 degrees advanced at higher rpm and load. Timing is based off the tps, cam sensor, rpm, and possibly boost. I'm trying to figure that last one out. Don't think so but not 100% sure.

Emanage is being shipped right now...
AEM wideband is also on the way.

Pics and all that stuff will be up in a few weeks.

brianmcd said:
Yeah, so what's the problem with timing control and the emanage?

~brian
I would like to know this too because im about to run emanage as well

Hey just got my parts too

emanage
ignition harness
Boost sensor harness (Profec E-01 to emanage)
Profec E-01
PLX WB O2
Flyin Miata O2 modifier (need to get)
WRX 440cc injectors (need to get)
PnP wiring harness (if price is right this maybe useful for a clean installation)

But funding has slowed down becasue im drying out on cash...but hope to have it running soon as Emanage was not that expensive.

no FMIC just hi-flow cat 2.5 DP. Mainly looking for better gas milage (so dont need injectors for now).

Wanna share some maps when you get started?

Although many have told me PRofec E-01 is useless I like it for several reasons

The display...looks nice
3 hour data log with optional senor wires. I've been told it even logs and display WB O2 reading becasue it is a voltage reader. Think digital gauges with warnings...dont know 100% about the warnign part.
comes with pressure sensor and harness which is about $130 retail. E-01 can allow fast data loading without a laptop. So you can switch to a high boost seting and load up a supporting map without having the blue screen of death aka Microsoft Windows or having a laptop with you. You can do on the fly minor adjustment to maps.

Bought all the greddy dtuff for $600 + $100 for O2 mod and it should be the same price as MPI tunner or unichip. Just how cheap and its compatability is what turned me onto emanage. You can easily sellt he unit later if it doesn work because it works on alot of cars.

Of course lap top is the best way to go when tunning.

Its a good investment because all those parts besides the O2 mod can be used in other cars...so if you decide to sell it then you can most likely use it on your new car.

Last edited:
You guys in Florida want to check out my car or have my maps you are welcome to. I am nbon flashed with the ECU.

orangezoom said:
You guys in Florida want to check out my car or have my maps you are welcome to. I am nbon flashed with the ECU.

gonna have to check it out some time...I'll PM you when. I dont know anythign abotu timming so im gonna leave that up to the pros. Thats the only part that im afraid of...everythign else I understand pretty well.

Spacemonkey, i'll definately share my maps with you, since we both are without an FMIC, and we'll need to adjust for that.

Im ordering the FM o2 mod tomorrow and then hopefully i'll have everything next week to get started. :D

Emanage is here now. The other stuff is on the way.

Between school and work, i have a tight schedule but it will be on within 2 weeks.
Cant wait!

Back