Should i buy emanage or afc v2?

talontsi97

:
03.5 MSP ti grey-sold
I have the oppurtunity to buy a greddy emanage setup from a local guy but im unsure if its worth getting or if i should spend a little extra more and get the afc v2.
Emanage setup for $275:
emange ecu
injector and ignition harness
2.5 bar map sensor and harness
tuning cable (serial!?)
serial to usb cable
EManage/Trust Support Tool CD
would need to get the o2 voltage clamp i was reading about as well which im not sure how much it costs
or
Afc v2 for $330 or maybe even v1 if people dont think v2 is worth the money

I been reading about the afc and it seems like a great buy but if the install and reliability of the emanage isnt bad then i would rather go with that to get a better tune on the car. Im not to concerned with the price of either i rather just have the one that works better, will help give the car a better tune and be easy to tune on a dyno.
Just for some info, the msp is my daily driver. Im not trying to put down huge numbers or blow the motor. I just want a good tune to help the car run better/stronger, better gas mpg, and overall drivability.
I will definetly do some more research on both but i want some other opinions so i can make a decision fairly quickly so i dont miss out on the emanage deal.
thanks in advance

Last edited:
anyone have any comments they like to make, would like to try and make a decision soon
thanks again

and really you dotn need timing control unless your looking to make max power out of the car and yes you will need a o2 voltage clamp for the emanage or the ecu will take over and dump fuel rendering the emanage usless. from what ive heard the flying miata o2 clamp works great

well you've got no problem here as Emanage is 1/50 that has worked and AFC is much more reliable to work w/ msp's ECU so far.
So based on these facts i'd suggest you AFC V2 unless you want to take a challenge and prove that Emanage is reliable (i'm in that case/process myself)
They both claim to provide same features but problem is Emanage hasn't worked its all feature's on msp ECU where as AFC V2 has executed all the function it claims to do.

You're pick now. OK

P.S don't tell me I didn't tell you everything , j/k

Last edited:
^^ What he said. Emanage has not proved to be a very reliable engine management solution. I ran with the DSMConvert AFC v1 and it worked well enough and many other people have used it have good results.

i just installed a AFC V1 and the install was so easy.... i seriously think my 13yr old bro could do it with no problems.

OH and it seems to get rid of ALL hesitation and now pulls to redline :)

^^^ agreed, even with the base maps, and my car set to 9psi i have no hesitation and run strong all the way to redline. now if only i knew how to tune it......

so the afc cures the hesitation between 3-4k RPM? i get a big dip in than range now :(

Back