Electrical Problems? Or wiring?

SCSI15

:
2004 Mazda 3s 2.3l
Well as I was reading the forums I thought of another issue I do have and have been dealing with it for awhile now.

Has anyone ever run into or heard of someone having this problem?

One day my door locks decided to randomly unlock and lock themselves first it started off as drive door. It then moved on to whole drive side it then switched to passenger side only and then random both sides.

At first I thought this might have been my keyless remote so I took it off and left it at home. Seemed to go away for a couple days. Then it came back much worse this time. this time it was almost like they were getting stuck trying to lock or unlock. Tried my second keyless remote still getting the problem. Problem went away for about 4 months

Then all of a sudden it got even worse.... the car was starting to unlock and lock it self while the damn car was turned off...WTF? how is that possible its no longer getting power

Before I knew it got really bad...the car being retarted finally I think killed the motor on the drive door for the long. The issue hasn't come back since the driver door moter stopped working....hince I have to lock my driver door manually now. Odd thing is the all three other locks work fine. Every once and while and I push to manually lock my driver door while in the car driving that lock will start fluttering again and making a god awful noise like before.

Any suggestions?

I had this problem as well on my '03 Protege5 wagon. Now, only the driver's side door locks/unlocks with the key fob and the lock/unlock button on the inside driver's door doesn't work at all.

I tried reprogramming the remote but that didn't work.

I took it to Mazda and the guy was baffled - told me to make an appointment. I did, took it in, and the mechanic basically had the whole inside ripped apart trying to find the problem for about 3 hours. I had to leave, so he had to put it all back together. He had the same car as mine and even ripped his apart to compare.

It's nothing major, but hopefully someone has a solution/suggestion as it's a pain in the ass.

yeah no joke. When I took it to mazda there were as well baffled and only thing they could come up with was wiring or electrical... which doesn't help me out much but hopefully someone will know

UPDATE - so my locks all just started working again over the weekend. it's been almost a year since they stopped. i've tried to think of any anomaly i may have done or that has happened to the car, but i can't figure it out. i'm sure it's electrical and something just connected. good luck.

lol i just had a miata come in with this .. ok so on the inside of the door at the key lock there is a switch that go's on the back of the key cylinder the switch tells control module what door is locked or unlocked . check to see if one of them is backed off or has fallin off . if one of them is in the lock position and the rest are not them the system will default . as for the noise if it is a buzzing noise then that motor or actuator motors is bad . hope this helps

wow awesome ok I"ll definately have to check that out. I was getting a lot buzzing noise and it doesn't do jack anymore. I am pretty sure the motor is blown on it. you know how much it is to replace, just for grins

sure i need the last 8 of your vin . ill tell you what it cost from mazda . labor on the other hand i think is an hour and a half . with us but im not sure at another place

41112399 is the last of my vin.

Are you based out of PC? I sorta meet over the phone a service tech here in GA by one of the mall locations. just curious if that was you or not

Back