Eibach ProKit on your MSP?

onequickmsp

:
03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Hey guys,
I'm interested in getting a set of Eibach ProKit springs for my MSP. I've done my research and I'm only after something that will lower my ride and will still have the comfort of stock springs. I was told that the ProKit is what I want. I've done a few searches on this forum and I can't seem to find pics of people using the ProKit.

So, if you have em, show em! LoL!!

Please post your pics if you have ProKit springs on your MSP.

Thanks!!

personally i really wish i could get springs just like the stock RBs, but lowering down the front about an inch or so. The thing with the prokit is, IIRC, they are all progressive, front and rear, vs the linear springs that it comes with stock. Progressive springs aren't as good for turn-in or transitions, which for me is one of my favorite parts of the MSP handling.

Hmm...
See what irritates me is that the back end, I can't even get one finger between the wheel and the wheel well. The front I can get at least 3 fingers in. It looks kinda weird from the side.

get a set of full coilovers... you can adjust it to whatever height you want.

MS MSP said:
don't mess with the stock setup Claudio IMHO

i personally like the stock suspension myself. but of course, getting a set of full coilovers will be better than just lowering springs.

I have to agree with some others here...unless you have your heart set on getting another .75" lowered, the stock MSP setup is very nice. I wouldn't mess with it much.

My car is on the pro-kit and its not bad. The front is like 1 finger gap, the rear is almost 3 fingers. Its got a slight rake but other than that it handles great. I dont know how it compares to stock since my car already had the eibach when i bought it. My only complaints are that it needs to be a little stiffer and more level front to back.

Here is a profile shot of my MSP with the Pro Kit

DSCN1872.JPG
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Concept MSP/Dec_06/DSCN1872.JPG

^ Very wingless. Very big brakes. Very nice.

Does anyone know if the Tien lowering springs are progressive or linear?

jmv said:
personally i really wish i could get springs just like the stock RBs, but lowering down the front about an inch or so. The thing with the prokit is, IIRC, they are all progressive, front and rear, vs the linear springs that it comes with stock. Progressive springs aren't as good for turn-in or transitions, which for me is one of my favorite parts of the MSP handling.

I'm glad you mentioned about the turn-in, as I autocross and was actually thinking of getting the pro-kit. I figured, stick with Eibach since that's what they put on MSP. What springs do you recommend for someone who wants to maintain the same handling but lower the car a little bit?

g

Check my sig. The springs hadn't totally settled in that picture. The back came down about another 1/4".

Latest posts

Back