ECU reflash at Mazda

I got the re-flash about a week ago. Runs the same, guess I didn't really need it. I was hell bent on getting it done because some people were claiming massive power gains from it. Claims of 350whp and 12 sec 1/4's weren't uncommon so I figured I better jump on this s*** :( I'm still stuck with a high 13 sec car...

lol, you can't be serious...naive much?

I just got my 2 recalls done.1 a ecu flash and another the turbo actuator.And i think the car runs more krisp.Not boggy .Dosent feel as rich i liek the way it feel snow soo much smoother.I had to go to 2 dealers to get this recalls done.

I just got back from taking my car in for the reflash.

My car is a 02/07 build date.

My VIN fell within the guidelines.

The first thing they did was look at the pump production date.

The next thing they did was order the new pump.

They never even tried the reflash.

Will replace pump and reflash next week when the new pump arrives.

Took 15 minutes. Only an MS-CAI for mods no hassles.

I got my reflash done today and I find that my power will now hold through to 6,100RPM. I took mine in because I found a lack of power once the engine was warmer. Anyone else experience positive effects after reflash?

I experienced the same thing after getting the refresh myself. Power used to fall off at 5800, now it is about 6100. It also doesn't fall off quite as abruptly.

Chief, You still want to get the flash. the total fix requires both parts.

Seperately... my pump was ordered yesterday after much haggling.

Chief, You still want to get the flash. the total fix requires both parts.

Separately... my pump was ordered yesterday after much haggling.

Chief's experience is the same as mine. If you qualify for both, the dealer wants (needs?) to do both at the same time. Whether that is a policy handed down by the people they have to answer to or if they would just rather have a tech swapping out the pump while ECU is updating and get two things done at the same time, we may never know, and I for one don't care. As long as they do both and don't hassle me about it, I'm happy.

I have a question, I have an 07 us spec speed3 that falls in the range of the fuel pump tsb, but i'm in Germany, anybody know, or have a competent dealer that could give some information on if it is possible get the software update to a german dealer? The dealers I have talked to in the states, and here have no idea, I still need the obdII recal update as well, they replaced my valve, but did not get the software flash.

And is there any benefit in only replacing the fuel pump? or do I NEED the flash too?

thanks for any help

they said they didn't want to do that because mazda germany says its a different motor, or it has different parts and that the software might not work with it..so if they mess up my car, they don't have access to the original one to flash it back...
does anybody know if it is possible to get technical specs/differences between euro and us model's?

euro spec has less power and there is no way you can flash a euro spec with a US map. If Mazda thinks its necessary they will make a flash available for euro spec cars. Otherwise don't worry about it. If your not having problems with your car you don't need a flash. Its not going to give you any benefits

I got my reflash done today and I find that my power will now hold through to 6,100RPM. I took mine in because I found a lack of power once the engine was warmer. Anyone else experience positive effects after reflash?

Agreed... I"ve been noticing this on hard pulls in 3rd and 4th gear... power does not fall off nearly as abruptly, and does seem to hold SLIGHTLY longer. There were times before the flash when I would WOT in 3rd, maybe trying to pass on the freeway or something, and I wouldnt' be watching the tach, and I'd know when to shift IMMEDIATELY as it would feel like the engine just QUIT. Now I actually have to watch the tach... It doesn't just hit a wall like it used to, and if I'm not paying attention I don't even notice it until I hit the rev limiter :)

If I had cash to waste I'd hit the same dyno I got my baseline at and see what's going on. But now even after a couple weeks of having the flash it still feels much better than it did

Agreed... I"ve been noticing this on hard pulls in 3rd and 4th gear... power does not fall off nearly as abruptly, and does seem to hold SLIGHTLY longer. There were times before the flash when I would WOT in 3rd, maybe trying to pass on the freeway or something, and I wouldnt' be watching the tach, and I'd know when to shift IMMEDIATELY as it would feel like the engine just QUIT. Now I actually have to watch the tach... It doesn't just hit a wall like it used to, and if I'm not paying attention I don't even notice it until I hit the rev limiter :)

If I had cash to waste I'd hit the same dyno I got my baseline at and see what's going on. But now even after a couple weeks of having the flash it still feels much better than it did

I wanted to wait a while before I said anything, but mine feels the same. I'm going to do a dyno run on 5/10 to make sure. I have a baseline from the same dyno.

Back