EBC pads and Rotors

I run EBC Greenstuff at all four courners with stock rotors and the increase over stock was very noticible. The intitial bite is much better, and they resist fading much better. I think there is less dust than the stockers, but they are still a bit dusty imo. They truly did increase my braking performance. I wouldnt be suprised if they took a couple feet off the 60-0 distance. Cheap, easy, and effective mod. Highly reccommended.

The shims didn't come close to fitting on my yellows. The pegs on the pads to mount them were in a different pattern than the stock ones, but other than that they've gotten much quieter after about 200 miles. When I put the rears pads/rotors on this wednesday I'll take another look at the fronts and see if I can get the shims on.

I had issues with the shims fitting on the Axxis pads on my Lancer. I just used a dremel and ground off some of the tabs on the pads until they fit correctly. Worked like a charm.

Puckpimp71 said:
The shims didn't come close to fitting on my yellows. The pegs on the pads to mount them were in a different pattern than the stock ones, but other than that they've gotten much quieter after about 200 miles. When I put the rears pads/rotors on this wednesday I'll take another look at the fronts and see if I can get the shims on.
Very strange....because my shims fit on my yellows perfectly - just slipped right over the "pegs" without any effort. I'm stumped. At least they're getting quieter - I noticed mine get quieter after a couple hundred miles as well. Good luck.

Got the rears on today and was pressed for time, but initial bite is kinda weak, but that's not what the yellows are for. With a little more pressure it's a much harder stop than stock. Can't wait for everything to be bedded in so I can push it a more.

After about 350 miles on the fronts and 100 or so on the rears, I can say without a doubt that this set up is great. I hit them pretty hard tonight and they really bit. I'm still avoiding slamming on the brakes until I get about 1000 miles on them, but overall, there a is a noticeable difference from stock. Well worth the money, I'd recommend this set up to anyone.

Puckpimp71 said:
After about 350 miles on the fronts and 100 or so on the rears, I can say without a doubt that this set up is great. I hit them pretty hard tonight and they really bit. I'm still avoiding slamming on the brakes until I get about 1000 miles on them, but overall, there a is a noticeable difference from stock. Well worth the money, I'd recommend this set up to anyone.
sweett, gettin the ebc dimpled/slotted rotors, greenstuffs, and goodridge brake lines package from PG...(ughdance)

I just got mine stuff (dimpled rotors and green pads) today. Can't wait to get them on. But,...the rotors i got are 11" in diameter, isn't that larger than stock? I just haven't looked but they just appear much larger than stock.

michiganspeed said:
I just got mine stuff (dimpled rotors and green pads) today. Can't wait to get them on. But,...the rotors i got are 11" in diameter, isn't that larger than stock? I just haven't looked but they just appear much larger than stock.
awesome(first) keep us posted on the install

SergMSP said:
you da man ken...getting that package for christmas...the pads are bolton replacement for msp stock pads correct? any other tips of getting this package installed correctly?
Ken, please call me, i left u a message about what happened, my wife bought for me for xmas but she never got the brakepads!

i got the rotors and pads from Ken at mazda3.com. Very good customer service. Very happy with the product and the service

I've had my EBC rotors and pads on for a few months now and am soo glad i swapped out the factory rotors and pads. I ended up going witht he "Red Stuff" pads.

I went with the Rotora Slotted Rotors and EBC Green Stuff pads and I've been VERY pleased with their performance. I can tell a consistent difference after a few repeated hard brakes.

INSTALLED!(first)

Attachments

• IMG_5256.jpg
    IMG_5256.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_5257.jpg
    IMG_5257.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 142
Back