Ebay Exhaust

Mine leaks near the mid pipe cat flange. Little rust gaps. I used exhaust sealant from the parts store permatex brand and it's held up pretty nice for about a year or more now.

Mine leaks near the mid pipe cat flange. Little rust gaps. I used exhaust sealant from the parts store permatex brand and it's held up pretty nice for about a year or more now.

Good to hear, Thanks. I'll most likely do this as a temp fix and when I have the time I want to grind the mid pipe flange flat. That way its two nice flat surfaces.

Im gonna have the same issue, I can tell. The surfaces aren't flat on the car flange and the gasket they provide is bad. So with this exhaust sealant, do I spray it while i put the exhaust on, or can i spray it after and live with the leak for a few days?

It's not a spray. It comes in a tube and when dried its almost like a harder jbweld. It's grey in color. I used my finger to just cake it in the cracks all around and then went over each side of the flange but stay away from the bolts and bolt holes!!! Overtime carbon will fill in any little voids you get. If you plan on grinding the flanges flat at any time, you'll need to buy a bunch of those gaskets, seal them together with the exhaust sealant (after figuring out how many you need) and then install. With the sealant, I put it on at about 4pm and didn't even start the car until 2pm the next day. The longer you wait the better. My exhaust was warm when applying it as well.

I ended up cutting a screen material (used 4 layers of it) and jbweld, along with the gasket, because the flange from the cat was muffed up. So far so good, I don't hear any leaks and I like the tone and sound, haven't tested it out much yet I'm waiting until tomorrow.

But let me tell you, took a long time to take off the stock exhaust, ended up taking a sawzall to it and blow torch for a while, but after that it went on no problem.

Here are some pics of it, I am really happy with how it hangs, matches up very nice with the rear valence and doesn't seem to rattle. I'll try and post a video later on today.

2irukae.jpg

15duwew.jpg

^ looks good man. Mine was a little stubborn getting off the mid pipe. Had to take an impact gun to get it off, that was loud.

Does the pipe hit on the rear cross member on your car?

short clip of how it sounds, sorry it was a little windy and filmed from my phone so the quality isn't the best

/edit: damn, i really need to plastidip my rear valence asap XD

Last edited:
I've been running an Ebay axleback for the past month or so, and I love it. It ended up being an RS Type brand muffler which is the same brand as a few of you guys. I bought mine from seller "advanation."
2013-02-11_17-48-33_137_zps1f13c29a.jpg

2013-02-11_17-48-02_77_zps475cf490.jpg

Eventually I'm gonna move to a catback exhaust, but for now I'm pretty satisfied.

worked on the exhaust leak I have. Was able to grind the mid pipe flange down flat but still have a slight leak. Before it was slight but now you almost cant feel it. So Ill be getting some gasket material and some exhaust cooper seal to make it even better. If it still leaks after that then I'll start looking for holes in the welds but I ready dont thing that will happen.
77942_569208256432374_1472687767_o.jpg

Question about the sound levels, does anyone have both a header and this catback exhaust? I perused through the thread but couldn't find anything definitive. If someone does have both my questions are: How loud is the car both normal city driving and on the highway inside and outside?

Another question, has anyone installed a silencer in their exhaust? Does any particular one fit/what is the impact of the silencer?

So after a very very frustrating time getting the darnded thing on my car, it turned out to look and sound pretty good. Over all pleased with it!

From the description of the exhaust: "INSTANT 10-15 HORSEPOWER INCREASE" lol.. you sold me!
No seriously though.. I have been wanting to buy this exhaust for awhile now.

ebaycatbackleak_zps72a3d13d.jpeg

just a heads up that this is what happened to my ebay exhaust after roughly 1 year exactly.
replaced with a racing beat cat back

DONT FORGET --- YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

Back