new s*** 004.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 117
  • new s*** 005.JPG
    new s*** 005.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 109
  • new s*** 006.JPG
    new s*** 006.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 125
i just got mine today! i cant wait to get them on, but i have to get some steel brake lines and pads first, i want to get everything installed at once.

BK those look really good, i wish i had rims : (

i just got mine today! i cant wait to get them on, but i have to get some steel brake lines and pads first, i want to get everything installed at once.

BK those look really good, i wish i had rims : (

So which ones did you go with?

thanks for the compliments, one thing i forgot to do is lube the new stuff, the lil wire things and clips that hold the pads, so right now i get some high pitch noises, but im going to lube them today and that should be gone.

Hmm I might get some brake lines too. Buy them install them and let me know. Oh and you have 2 days to do all that :)

lol i wont be doing it until probably next week, im going on a road trip this weekend.... hopefully they have the pads too...

I got the same ones, drilled/slotted in black.

has anyone had any experience with these brake lines?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Stainless-steel-brake-lines-Mazda-ES-MP3-Protege5-speed_W0QQitemZ230157758926QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33562QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

the company is called GForce brakes, and they are in richmond hill, like 20 min away from me.
Do not buy these. Save yourself some money, time & just pay a little more for a real set like goodridge lines. I went thru 2 sets of those leaking bastards on a daily driver non autoX'd car. It wasn't the connections & yes I had all the crush washers. They leaked where the line goes into the fitting. SS lines do make a big difference in pedal feel. You will enjoy the lack of rubber line expansion mushiness. Just get some good ones.

Do not buy these. Save yourself some money, time & just pay a little more for a real set like goodridge lines. I went thru 2 sets of those leaking bastards on a daily driver non autoX'd car. It wasn't the connections & yes I had all the crush washers. They leaked where the line goes into the fitting. SS lines do make a big difference in pedal feel. You will enjoy the lack of rubber line expansion mushiness. Just get some good ones.

where did you get your goodridge lines?

Can't remember. IIRC it may have been goodridge.com & maybe then to a retailer site. Also Russell & maybe one other company I'm forgetting make a good set of lines too. Just google them, you'll find 'em. I think either set is around 110 shipped.

I got mine from www.protegegarage.com. I HIGHLY recommend getting flared nut wrenches. I think you need 10mm, 12mm, 14mm wrenches. I am going to pickup a 9 piece set from sears for $39.99. I will let you know how it goes.

Magus

Back