ebay alert: Possible scammer on Kenwood navigation stuff

mopiko

Contributor
Hi all:

I just want to send warning on a possible ebay scammer. I spotted this "new" Kenwood navigation system (including both the DVD headunit and navigation unit) starting bid $300 with buyitnow price of $500. The lister said he has 3 units avaliable and email him before doing anything. The item location is West Hartford, CT. So I emailed this guy saying I am interested and I want to go pick it up and I'll do COD. Here is his reply:

First I want to tell you that my systems are brand new, unopened box all listed accessories included and also an international warranty. The invoice will come at the same time with the package.
My buy it now price is the best you could get: 500usd/unit, including the shipping and insurance taxes. We will pay them because the package will be delivered from Europe. As delivery service we use UPS2daysair service (with insurance and 15 days return policy), because it's the faster. And if you will have a quick payment, we must also have a quick delivery. So that's why we use as a payment method Western Union money transfer, the fastest and also very secure way of sending money. So, if you agree with my terms I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.
Waiting your quick answer right now

So I figure I'll go back to ebay and see the listing again. OOPS! THE LISTING IS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND, I have the listing in my watch list and it disappeared!!!!

So now it has scammer written all over it.

1) Now the item is in Europe instead of CT.
2) Immediate payment is requested via Western Union
3) Free UPS 2nd-day Air from Europe (!?!? I'm sure its going to cost them more then a hundred dollars on shipping!)
4) The ebay listing has disappeared altogether.

I really want a navigation system in my car and that's why I was interested. But I don't think I am interested in it anymore. Too bad I don't have the ebay item # or I'll report this to ebay... I replied him and told him the terms are not accpetable and I'll only do COD with UPS. I'll keep you guys posted if you guys are interested...

Latest posts

Back