Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan-O

:
2007 MS3 GT
FS:

DVD/GPS/BT/MP3 Touchscreen Head Unit

Employs the stock LED display and steering wheel controls

Uses iGO8 GPS software ( fully set up and configured on the SD card )

Specs found here:
http://www.caradvanced.com/products/For-Mazda3-Digital-Touch-Screen-GPS-DVD-Bluetooth-Radio-Ipod-ready%2C-etc.html

Here is a video on you tube of the same head unit (Not my head unit, but same model )
Touchscreen GPS stereo for Mazda 3- Part 1

$650 Shipped to lower 48

Pic of the actual unit before I disconnected it
photo1-2.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

Here as well... gotta ask for signage with "mazdas247.com" on it as well

Ahhh man if that wasn't like ALL the cash I have to spare right now, I'd be all over this. That's the unit I always wanted to get, GLWS!!

Ahhh man if that wasn't like ALL the cash I have to spare right now, I'd be all over this. That's the unit I always wanted to get, GLWS!!

Yeah, This unit was great, I'm getting ready to sell my car, so off it goes to make someone else happy. The sound improves so much, even with the stock speakers! And yes, I have the wiring harness wired correctly so the stock bose sub still works. It's plug and play!

Feel free to ask any questions
Stan

So out of all the icons in the menu is it just MP3, DVD, BT and GPS that works/comes with all necessary extras for them correct..? I've been looking into one of these for awhile now, but it seems everyone says it's trouble when you have the BOSE.... I know you stated that it's "wired" correctly and it's a P&P unit but any issues at all??

So out of all the icons in the menu is it just MP3, DVD, BT and GPS that works/comes with all necessary extras for them correct..? I've been looking into one of these for awhile now, but it seems everyone says it's trouble when you have the BOSE.... I know you stated that it's "wired" correctly and it's a P&P unit but any issues at all??

No issues, it all works, the GPS is built in, an external antenna plugs into the back. The Bluetooth is a separate little black box ( seen in pic ). To make the boss work you have to connect the remote on to the blue wire ( or something like that, was a while back when I did it). The biggest pain was configuring the GPS software, which I did and is all on a micro SD card, and works great, 3-d buildings and all. I used iGO8 software.

CDC and B.LCD will work if you have the external hardware to interface with them. CDC is an external cartridge 6 cd changer, and the B.LCD is an extra LCD screen for the back seats. I guess the TV function would not work since everything has gone digital now....lol

I mainly burned MP3's on a DVD and used that and the iPod connector for music. Navigating the iPod could be a bit better, my only complaint is you cant browse playlists, it only goes by album or artist, and it doesn't charge the iPod, but does provide power to run it if its dead. I had an old one permanently hooked up to it.

The only thing that doesn't work but works on the new units is the tire pressure monitoring. Apparently the first generation of these units didn't have the hardware to read the sensors. the new units read the TPS and have the Bluetooth built in ( no black box )

Let me know if there are any more questions

Stan

Last edited:
isn't my user name enough? Same thing, all boxed up for shipment
without "mazdas247.com" on the sign, the photo is not tied to your userID on this site (could be Stan-O from literally any site on the web)

PM me if you are able to get updated pics of the HU w/sign that includes all the info + "mazdas247.com"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back