Drove a Spec-V

Prophet

Wow....very nice car for under 18K. Didn't handle like I thought it would but it was nice. I didn't get to throw it into any great curves but the emergency lane change produced some body roll. The overall ride was smooth.

The 6speed was ok. It was tricky, but short throws and very very small gates. I did a mild launch, then mashed the gas, hit about 6000 and shifted and just turned the tires! :D On another run I went from second to third, missed third and hit 5th. I am not used to such small gates. I was really worried about going for 3rd and hitting first..... Overall this is a nice car. But I think the MSP is still going to be the better deal despite being $2g's more. Still can't wait for my MSP! Clutch on it was just like all the other new cars that I have driven, no feed back....

-Jeremy-

*Edit* Forgot to mention....no torque steer.

Last edited:
Yeah, I drove the Spec V last November. It was a blast to drive. I didn't have the shift gate problem you did. I actually loved rowing through all those gears. Although if you owned it, I can imagine all that shifting with that little engine could get tiresome. I thought it handled well too. Major gripes: the interior with that red mesh was hideous (not sure if they've changed it since) and despite the fact that I like the front end, the rear end is a bit dumpy looking. My 2 cents.

They actually did change the interior for the 03 model. They replaced the red mesh with silver/gray. Comparing both interiors, many favor the red over the silver despite their objections before. I personally like the red more. It gives it more distinction than the silver does. Oh well. Back to dreaming that I have a car:D -reg

Back