Dropped off my 3 at the dealer this morning

goldwing2000 said:
The "fix" is just a baffle plate and a cabin filter to diffuse the air flow.

The A/C system is a notorious under-achiever, so I can't imagine this helps out all that much.

It helps a little but whatever they did has caused my fuel economy to suffer. It hasn't been as good as it was before the fix, not even on the highway.

tphskab said:
I am almost 10 months and have 6600 miles
thats it? very nice.
i had mine 15 months too and i have 25000 miles on it.

Goldwing2k, did you get your ride back yet? whats the story?

This may be a dumb question, but did you have to pay for anything when you took your car in for this. My ride has 27k miles and I am experiencing some of the same problems.

I did the same thing a month ago. I had them do the airbag recall, TSB on the passenger side engine mount, poor a/c. And the noisy A/C compressor.
I had the choice of a 05 B3000 or an 05 Miata....didn't now the Miata was an 05. But I took the truck and got me some wood!
Took them 3 days to get the compressor parts. And it made more noise when I got it back. But it stopped on the way back there.
But got everything done and ready for the turbo.

Well, the car was waiting for me when I got home from vacation. Unfortunately, the guy didn't leave the paperwork in it so I have no idea what they actually did.
The weather has cooled off, so I haven't been able to check the A/C.
The exhaust still smells like sulfur, though, so I may be going back.
I also forgot to have replace the squeaky clutch switch.
And the gas mileage seems to have taken a major s***. I'll reserve judgement on that until I finish the tank, though.

tsunami: the more broken parts were in the struts. I'm actually surprised they fixed anything, given the Eibach springs.

PeteyBoy: they claim the knock in the suspension is a faulty design of the upper strut mount. We'll see.
The groan you're experiencing may just be the PS pump. It tends to be a little noisy under high-load maneuvers.
You were up here in D-town and you didn't let anybody know??

Sportif: Nope. Not one red cent. Haven't even paid for the oil change. (thumb)

haha... mmm vacation.... or back to the normal grind... yeah i couldn't imagine which i would prefer....

so the suspension is all set but still have exhaust issues... and the ac is a ?? well at least the major problem seemed to be fixed...

Yeah, I'm probably going to be replacing the exhaust anyway. I just wanted them to waste some money on a new set of cats. (thumb)

Don't know if the suspension is ok or not. Haven't pulled any burnouts yet, so I don't know if The Great Pounding is still there.

My gas mileage has definitely gone to s***, though. Normally, I'm between 200-225 miles at a half-tank. This time it's sitting at about 175. I'll put the CAI back on and see if it fixes itself.

cool man.
how is that you didint pay for the oil change?

also im gonna take mine for service soon (it has 25k and it just feels like it needs a little revision) should i take the HIDs out?

ZoomVT said:
cool man.
how is that you didint pay for the oil change?

also im gonna take mine for service soon (it has 25k and it just feels like it needs a little revision) should i take the HIDs out?

Because I didn't actually pick the car up myself (see previous posts). I assume that they are going to make me pay for the oil change if I ever go and pick up the paperwork.

For 19.95+tax, I can live without paperwork. ;)

As long as you're not going to have them look at any electrical problems, I wouldn't worry about the HIDs. The only reason I took the CAI out was so they couldn't try to blame that for a plugged cat or something. I left my air horn system installed and wired up.

goldwing2000 said:
PeteyBoy: they claim the knock in the suspension is a faulty design of the upper strut mount. We'll see.
The groan you're experiencing may just be the PS pump. It tends to be a little noisy under high-load maneuvers.
You were up here in D-town and you didn't let anybody know??

Hopefully the strut mount think hasn't happened to me... the PS pump seems fine too (and I still like that "airplane flap" noise that it makes)

Sorry I was in Detroit (twice) and didn't let people know. I was shepherding lots of people around for a wedding and figured it would have been near impossible to meet up with people (unless you are like really into DDR or something). But I have family and a best friend up there, and I am planning on hitting Cedar Point for my Birthday (but that will be in May) and will need to go through. Glad to hear you got your car back.

mobomelter said:
goldwing does that tsb on the suspension apply to 2005 models? mine makes that wierd clicking noise.

I dunno. Check the TSB sticky thread and see what it says.

Back