Drivers door window switches don't work.

im45us

:
2010 madza 5
My son has a 2010 Mazda 5 that has a strange problem. The 4 windows will not work from the drivers door but the switches work from the other doors. The window kill switch at the drivers door works fine. Are those 4 separate switches or is it a switch pack ? Any ideas where to start?

Thanks for the help.
Ivan

Take off the interior door panel. Should be fairly simple. Pop off any trim you can, and if it doesn't pop off, it's screwed down. Probably 3 screws. Then pop the panel off and look for the clip that plugs into the bottom of the switches. Is that plugged in? It's highly unlikely that it's come undone on its own tho. Other wise, somehow, it's may be a fuse, but that too is unlikely as more things would have likely disabled.

They fail. Go to

http://tascaparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213668

Put in your vehicle, then search for body/electrical/interior. Forgot where exactly it was, so I used the pictures (lower left: "See all diagrams")
MYORDER WAS FOR A 2006. IDK if the 2010 switches are different!

Items Ordered:
Item: electrical, body electrical, front door, window switch Mazda5 Left
Price: $95.48
Qty: 1

When you get the part, all you have to do is remove the fabric at the bottom of the door pull to remove the screw, take out the screw and then pull up the panel with the switch in it. Changing it out takes a minute or so. FWIW, my rear windows still need me to hit the down switch 2X before they go down. These electronics suck. Lowest bidder for sure.

I have a simular issue, but it's only the passenger window switch from the drivers side. The drivers window and the back 2 windows work fine. It feels like it's stuck, but actually using the passenger side window with it's own switch it works just fine.

Back