Driver side window wont roll down

Courage

:
2007 Mazda3 Hatch
Hey wasnt sure where to post this but has anyone had their driver side window motor or switch go out? Basically i can control all the windows from my side but when i try to click the switch down to roll my window down it does nothing. The dealership wants 100$ to diagnost it which is ridiculous- so is there a way i can tell which part it may be whether its the motor or a fuse or a switch?

07 mazda 3 hatch!

thanks for your feedback

you could possibly try to test the regulator by taking the door panel off, unhooking the switch from it, and applying power to it (effectively bypassing the switch/taking it out of the equation), or if you know someone else who has a mazda3, ask to borrow their master panel to test yours. its real easy to pop the switch panel out to test it.

i have a similar problem with my driver side switches, but i believe mine to be the switch being faulty because i am unable to roll down the pass side front/rear window from the driver side (i can roll the front pass window up if its already down), but each window works from its respective switch

Before you get too carried away, the weatherstripping is known to stick to the door glass on these cars. It usually shows up on the passenger side, as it is used less. But, if you don't roll the the driver's side window down fairly regularly the weatherstripping at the top can stick to the window and make you think that the motor, switch or some other part is broken.

Try spraying some silicone lubricant between the glass and the top weatherstripping channel, iet it sit a few moments and see if the window will come down. You may have to clean that off afterward.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back