dripping noise when i turn off?

hand14msp

OK - so i have had my baby for a little over a week now. And what can i say - it is the reason i get up every morning. But to get to my point - When i turn off the car there is a dripping noise and then a sizzle (like some type of fluid is hitting something hot, it will happen about every 20 seconds and then eventually stop), i am pretty sure this is normal but i know that there is a history of the turbos leaking coolent - so i just wanted to run this by everyone else.

I am probally just worring to much about everything, but i just want to make sure my baby is alright.

Thanks again guys - im new here, but im slowly catching on and i can honestly say i am happy to be a new member of this MSP community!!!

my car does that too and i don't think i have a coolant leak. least not the last time since i took a peek under the hood. might as well check tomorrow. my guess would be it's from the turbo cause it's water cooled. that's just a guess, and a very uneducated guess at that.

Could be few things but you might check and see if you have any anti-freeze splash anywhere. If I run mine very hard, on occasion, I will get a little splash out of the overflow tube. Have you noticed any fluids on the ground beneath where you park? Do you have any residue like the link that boostisgood posted?

Back