Dream Theater -- Systematic Chaos

Fear

Banned
Tomorrow.

And to celebrate, I went all out and got the Platinum VIP package for the Chicago show, which is basically a 3rd row seat and a backstage pass.

I have resisated downloading the leaked copy of the album for 3 weeks. I'll be picking up a copy of the Dolby 5.1 mix tomorrow morning on my lunch hour.

Where are all the rest of the DT fans?

Right here. I too have resisted downloading the leaked copy of the album. I can't wait to buy the 5.1 mix myself. (Even though I have a 6.1 system hehe)

LOL i didnt relize they were this popular. I happened to come across their CD in a customer car and have downloaded all their CD's. I DLed the new leaked CD...i think i like it better than all the others very very good.

John Myung visited me in a dream (no pun intended) and convinced me to buy a 6-string. It's almost become my go-to gig bass.

yammy2.jpg

wmbeaver said:
i hope they come to atlanta, i've only seen mike portnoy and john petrucci live at G3 when they came

Best live show I have ever seen. Of course, it's a total music-nerd fest, so don't expect to get any dates. Unless, you know, you swing that way.

man they arent coming anywhere near atlanta.

BTW new music is up on their myspace

Big fan here. Saw them in Cleveland 3 times. ToT tour, Gigantour, and the 20th anniversary tour. I can't wait to have the CD in my hands tomorrow.

The last time I saw them was on the Train of Thought tour -- the Honor Thy Father performance (in Chicago) is on the Score DVD as an extra.

Fear said:
Best live show I have ever seen. Of course, it's a total music-nerd fest, so don't expect to get any dates. Unless, you know, you swing that way.

it was a sick show. i actually got close enough after paul gilbert got off so i was right at the stage, leaning against it most of the time. it sucked during the jam though. after petrucci went off stage, one guy complained his son couldn't see, so the ushers made everyone go back to their seats before satriani came on. so i had front row tickets anyways, but ALL THE WAY to the left. during the jam, all i heard was petrucci, not gilbert singing, or gilbert or satriani's guitars. but it was an amazing concert. my friend is actually in one of the pictures of the new guitar player magazine, or so my friend said. the pics they used were from the G3 show in atlanta, and my friend has a very big head, and he was up front with me.

Last edited:
Fear said:
The last time I saw them was on the Train of Thought tour -- the Honor Thy Father performance (in Chicago) is on the Score DVD as an extra.

Nice. A Change of Seasons was the encore when I saw them on the ToT tour. Amazing still I must say.

As much as I love love metal and a pretty good list of prog-rock/metal, I never got into them. I truely admire their talents being a drummer/bassist myself, I just never figured out why they never caught my attention. I'm ashamed.... I should like them. Anyone get the new Nuerosis album yet?

If you have a bootleg of the Train Of Thought stop in Toronto, right before "A Change Of Seasons" starts, you can hear my dumb ass yelling out for "La Bamba". I've got mental problems.

New CD's good! I had absolutely no will power to keep myself from downloading it. But, I will DEFINITELY buy it!

Last edited:
I'm hoping the new album is as good as their side project Liquid Tension Experiment's 2nd album was. That has been tied with Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence as my fav DT/Spinoff album.

Apocalypso said:
If you have a bootleg of the Train Of Thought stop in Toronto, right before "A Change Of Seasons" starts, you can hear my dumb ass yelling out for "La Bamba". I've got mental problems.

New CD's good! I had absolutely no will power to keep myself from downloading it. But, I will DEFINITELY buy it!

Beauty.

I myself couldn't resist the download...but me and two other guys are making the venture to the store on lunch time to buy it.

absintheup8.jpg
Absinthe?...I guess one would have to be drinking that to appreciate that band.
My brother in law is crazy nuts about Dream Theatre, going to the concert later this month too, maybe you two can carpool.

I dunno, I listened to the first two cds of "Live Scenes From New York", at first it reminded me of Floyd but as the songs wore on they kinda blended together. One song sounded exactly like the one that preceded it. I gave up halfway through the second cd.

Fear said:
Just so everyone knows -- the 5.1 version is worth the purchase alone.

whats the difference?

and i finished the CD today...excelent it tapers off at the end but still rly good. I think i still like Train of Thought better though i think

Back