Dream Theater -- Systematic Chaos

Ligouri Rd. said:
as the songs wore on they kinda blended together. One song sounded exactly like the one that preceded it. I gave up halfway through the second cd.

It's a concept album, you schmuck. The songs are written to run together on purpose.

P.S. Is the 240 running consistent yet?

Fear said:
Just so everyone knows -- the 5.1 version is worth the purchase alone.

sweet

i just got the special edition a couple hours ago. sadly, i havn't really listened to it yet, just in the car going back home.

Shadow102 said:
whats the difference?

and i finished the CD today...excelent it tapers off at the end but still rly good. I think i still like Train of Thought better though i think

The difference is that the DVD supplement has the whole album in Dolby 5.1 Surround. Awesome.

Fear said:
It's a concept album, you schmuck. The songs are written to run together on purpose.

P.S. Is the 240 running consistent yet?
-How the frell am I sposed to know that, my brother-in-law lent it to me. One would think that a fan would lend out an album to a prospective fan that was typical of said band not a "concept" album.

Anywho, if (except for today) driving her for the last two weeks including to wisconsin and back, plus an autocross last saturday is consistent then yes. It is. I have developed a new hatred for M3's since saturday.

Last edited:
need to wait till payday (friday) before i can pick it up. hope it's as good as you guys say it is. i have high expectations after train of though, the best album ever.

ctt 1982 said:
need to wait till payday (friday) before i can pick it up. hope it's as good as you guys say it is. i have high expectations after train of though, the best album ever.

Train of Thought is a good album, but it was far too short. A bit short on Rudess, as well.

Now that I've gotten a chance to listen to it at home, I will say this is probably some of their best overall work since Awake.

Fear said:
Train of Thought is a good album, but it was far too short. A bit short on Rudess, as well.

Now that I've gotten a chance to listen to it at home, I will say this is probably some of their best overall work since Awake.

I loved Awake as well...but Images and Words will always have the biggest place in my heart. For multiple reasons.

Back