Down to the wheels...

So... found a bit more out about the wheels - it's now the Trackstars and DC-5s. Weight looks to be 3.5-4lbs lighter than OEM and the difference in tire weight. Choices...

I would scrap all the wheels you are looking at now and find some lighter weight ones. RPF1s perhaps.

I would scrap all the wheels you are looking at now and find some lighter weight ones. RPF1s perhaps.

I looked the the pricing and just a bit out of my budget - plus I like the stlying of the Trackstars better.

Hard part - went to Discount Tire to get a package w/ Eagle GTs and the guy basically refused to sell me the setup I want - 18x8, 235/40.
He called TSW and they claim the clearance issue with the speed doesn't allow anything more than an 18x7.5 with 225/40 or 225/45 (which probably would rub more than 235/40)

So confused now... (eekfu)

I have 18/8 225/40/18 and Cobb springs. not even close to the famed rear rub and I have big friends who ride wit me. I think you are ok. My offset is 45 which some think is a bit much but all is good. go for 225 on 8s with a softer tire and you will be happy as a clam in sand.

I looked the the pricing and just a bit out of my budget - plus I like the stlying of the Trackstars better.

Hard part - went to Discount Tire to get a package w/ Eagle GTs and the guy basically refused to sell me the setup I want - 18x8, 235/40.
He called TSW and they claim the clearance issue with the speed doesn't allow anything more than an 18x7.5 with 225/40 or 225/45 (which probably would rub more than 235/40)

So confused now... (eekfu)

thats some BS... i just bought from them .. got 18x7.5 with 48 offset (not 50 like the trackstars) w/ 235/40 azenis 615 put on.. it looks prefect .. no rubbing.

PS... talk to the sales rep. "butters"... he will hook you up..

Last edited:
Good suggestion from the dealer that installed my CAI and #4 motor mount today. Going to order online from Discount Tire Direct, get what I want and then get them installed. Can't find the Eagle GTs in 235/40/18 online, was suggested to go with the Dunlop Direzza DZ101...
Only reason I'll chage is if the dealership can make me a killer deal on some 6-spoke they had for a project/display vehicle.

Just ordered the TSW Trackstars in 18x8, 50mm offset with Falken Ziex ZE-512 235/40/18... yessssssssssss

Back