Door switch lights

mmichel

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
Hi,

I'm moving this from the welcome section as I didn't realize it was an issue (maybe). On the doors of our 2010 CX-9 GT the only switch that lights up is the driver-side power window switch for the driver's door only. No other switches light up. My question is, should the other power window switches light up on the driver's door and the other doors too? And what about the power lock buttons and power mirror switches? If more switches should light up, does anyone have a clue as to why ours do not? Oh, and the window lock switch in either position does not effect the switch lights for me (like in my other cars) - this was my first thought.

Thanks,
Mike

I replied on the welcome section. If the drivers window button is the only one that lights up it is because you pushed the lock button to lock the other windows. When you unlock them all of the power window buttons light up.

If the drivers window button is the only one that lights up it is because you pushed the lock button to lock the other windows. When you unlock them all of the power window buttons light up.

As Mike stated already, his first thought was the lockout switch.

My guess would be the problem lies somewhere in driver door master control switch area. Does the passenger window switch work ok and the back door window switches? I wonder if the lockout switch is bad, even if those other door windows still work. Maybe there is a relay that is blown?
Unfortunately sounds like something the dealer would have to figure out.

Yup, window lock was the first thing I checked. The window switches on each window do work (open & close the windows), and even the window lock works. Just no switch lights.

Well it's good to know that there "should" be lights, I guess. I'll fiddle a bit tonight and see if there's anything obvious (loose connection, or something), but my guess is that the CX-9 will need to take its first trip to the dealer for some warranty work.

Still curious though, I'd be interested to hear if anyone with a 2010 - 2012 has this same issue. 2010 happened to be the mid-cycle refresh for the CX-9 and the year that Mazda made some interior changes. I'm just curious because I "think" I once looked closely at the other window switches and didn't see the little light square like the driver window has (but I could be wrong).

So what should light up on the doors other than the window switches?

Thanks,
-Mike

Actually, It looks like its all one switch assembly,
part# TD11-66-350
This would be my bet, but its an expensive bet.
1.jpg

There was another thread on this. After that date they changed it. My 2010 was made a few days before that date and my switches all light up.

Funny how on the earlier models they have good door switch lights, bright blue rings on the gauges, blue accent lighting in the door grab handle areas, but had no adjustable seat heating setting, and no trip computer. Now the 9's have no switch lighting on all 4 doors, no blue lights in all the door grab handle areas, and dimmer blue rings, but have adjustable seat heat and do have a trip computer. Common' mazda make up your mind.

Latest posts

Back