Doing an Msp motor swap help!

xExoticC

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Would it make a difference if i picked up a Fs-De that came from an automatic tranny and swap it into my msp?

The one I am swapping in my car is from an auto, just swap the flywheel and figure out the turbo oil drain and you are good to go.

I am having trouble locating the FS DE w coil packs, I find more FP or ZE. Do you know where I can find the FS DE?

The one I am swapping in my car is from an auto, just swap the flywheel and figure out the turbo oil drain and you are good to go.

There will be one bellhousing bolt that will not match up if you're using one from an automatic car. If I remember right, they're just a smaller diameter. I ended up using an engine from an automatic car, and only realized the difference after everything was complete and the transmission was going in.

What did you do in that sitaution, going to be my first swap. Want to do everything correctly before I actually do it.

I found mine in a junkyard online, I have yet to install it so I will see how it goes but if only one hole is slightly off I'm sure everything will work fine.

I dont have an engine lift, right now i actually have the motor sitting in the garage laying on the intake mani. Will it harm it in any way?

It won't necessarily 'harm it', no. The sealant can leak if excessive pressure is put on the oil pan but that should be removed and resealed anyway.
And the automatic block dropped into my car just fine, every bolt fit exactly the same as the original. Pref must be mistaken.

It won't necessarily 'harm it', no. The sealant can leak if excessive pressure is put on the oil pan but that should be removed and resealed anyway.
And the automatic block dropped into my car just fine, every bolt fit exactly the same as the original. Pref must be mistaken.

Ok yea right now its laying on the intake mani, I asked because the motor came from the junk yard with oil still inside. I didn't realize until I placed the motor down.

Back