Doing a battery relocation soon...

JCell

BEETEK!
:
2014 Genesis Coupe R-Spec
First off, i have no real reason for doing this, im not looking for better weight distribution or anything along those lines. I have just always hated having my battery being beaten constantly by the engine heat. So please, if u think its not a good idea dont bother posting because i dont care.

Now then, next month i will have some free time and im in need of a project. Im just curious if anyone has done this before and has helpful tips. I already have an idea on how im going to run the wiring, fuses, and braces. tips are always welcome.

The engine will be removed shortly after that, there are some things that need fixing and removing the engine is the best way to make sure they get done right, so if u got some crazy ideas please share! I may attemp a wire tuck but thats still in the air.

boostedprotege has his mounted in the trunk. I have been debating on putting mine in the trunk just because the engine bay looks cluttered already.

yeah, last time i took it out.... well almost as i didnt have a engine lift. i didnt get a chance to do a bunch of stuff because i had to drive back up.

btw, ballin sig u got there. wish i could have one like it :(

Tip:

Easiest place to run the wire is through the driver's side fender well. Follow the fat harness along the top of the fender and through the rubber grommet. It ends up just behind the fuse box by the driver's feet.

Run at least 2 GA wiring, too.

im actually gonna run 0 gauge if possible. but that sounds like a great routing location, Thanks!!

alright, im getting greedy lol.

where can i relocate my fuse box to? i know how im going to run the wires just curious to know if anyone has a preferred location inside

definitly does, ive never done it before but im really good with wiring and keeping track of things lol.

much appreciated!!!

Back