Does your Mazdaspeed do this too

xxshyster

Okay here is the scoop, after driving and coming to a complete stop, I have the clutch fully engaged and sitting in first gear, the car feels like its gonna die and stall, the RPM's drop and then for no reason, the car kicks back in and returns to idle at 700 rpm's.. This has been going on for quite so time, the dealer says it doesnt do it for them, I have no mods, I have been flashed and air filter has been changed with the K&N drop in. Please reply to these boards, what the cause is and how to fix it.

XXX:wtf:

unplug your negative battery terminal for 5 min and depress the break then go easy on it for about a mile should go away

worked for me alot of times

nocar said:
unplug your negative battery terminal for 5 min and depress the break then go easy on it for about a mile should go away

worked for me alot of times
grrrr.

Sounds like excessive amperage draw on the charging system. My car does this sometimes when I drive a long ways in traffic and the battery hasn't been able to charge much. An ECU reset can sometimes cure that.

Mine does it all the time, ECU rest or not. It has been doing it since day one. Dealer "cannot reproduce customer complaint - customer has turbo timer - complaint likely due to poor installation of aftermarket ECU control device"

ECU control... Fuckers.

Britt

my protege5 just started doing this when i replaced the filter with a k&n. i disconnected the neg. terminal, pressed the brakes for a while, and then let it sit. when i reconnected it, and started the car it seemed fine. once i started driving, i noticed that the idle would dip down to about 500 and then rise up again. it never stalled, but it's kind of annoying. i'll let be for the next few days and if it keeps doing it, i'll reset the ecu again to see if maybe i didn't do it right the first time.

mine did it real bad then i had the alternator and battery replaced now it just kinda jumps between 500-700 rpm at idle. for awhile it was droping all the way to zero then hitting back up.

my car started doing it when i installed my K&N also. i know what you mean about them not being able to "reproduce customer complaint." i just gave up after they had my car for a few days and couldn't figure it out. it has yet to actually stall...but it is annoying...happens maybe once a day or so.

mine stalls every once in a while but i have fmic installed and I think its my bov because mines not recirculated.

why don't you have your BOV set to re-circulate if you know that it hurts your performance? our turbos function with a DV as well...or a BOV with a re-circ kit installed.

yeah, I get it too...sittin' at lights & s***....I've never bothered complaining due to the above posts ("can't replicate problem")...I figure if it stalls, then I'll raise hell...since it's just bogging down a bit from time to time, I can live w/ it. If you find the cause & a definite dealer solution, let me know.

I just had this happen the first time the other day. 300 miles on the car, obviously completely stock. I was sitting at a light, car in neutral, foot off the clutch, and it did it TWICE (long light, 2 1/2 minutes, I timed it).

It felt like it really stalled, but then it kicked back up. WTF?

Yep, mine does it as well. Also, talking to a cool service writer at Mazda here in Vegas who drives an RX-8 says that his car does it as well. He also went on to state that there have been quite a few complaints about the MSP. So much so that Mazda is looking into it from what he says. Could you imagine a total recall of the electronics in this thing. Well at the least the ECU would have to be reprogrammed and maybe sensor changes to fix this. Who knows, least of all me.

Back