Does the fuel pump TSB apply to me?

sluflyer06

:
08.5 Pearl White MS3 GT
Does the bulletin 01-022/08. Apply to my car? I keep thinking power delivery is not consistent and sometimes it feels like it falls flat on its face.

the last 6 of my VIN are 184176. I would assume that falls within as it says "VINS lower than 859606"

Except I thought the pearl white MS3's were late 08' and the vin range they give says production dates before 11/27/2007.

The dealer should be able to tell you if your car fits the range, mine has a build date of 2/08 and didnt need the TSB

I don't trust dealers to tell me what a car needs or doesn't, they're usually not much smarter than a stack of bricks or they just try to get out of doing anything that doesn't get shoved down their throats.

Thats true they do try to get out of any warranty work.

I believe this issue was for the earlier models though, like the TSB says vehicles made before 11/07.

I guess a little more detail is needed, when you say if seems to fall flat on its face, when does that happen?

It just feels like sometimes my car has the power you'd expect and other times it feels like its anemic. I've also heard it popping under WOT through the exhaust which sounded like timing being pulled causing a rich condition.

Maybe its just Chicago winter fking with the engine, the car doesn't seem to like cold weather at all, my previous turbo cars loved winter.

The car just feels inconsistent with torque production, I think the stock tune must be pretty bad, I'm now wanting to not leave it stock and get some engine management on it to make it drive better.

this bulletin would only be required under stock ecu maps? im going to replace my fuel pump internals and run a v103 stage 2 map so that should just about cover it correct? its not a part its only a callibration?

Check the fuel pump build date

That's what I did to see if my pump was one of the 'old' ones. It is. BTW, good luck getting to the stamped build date. You might have to remove the pump to see it.

Back