Do you own your speed?

Do you own or the bank own your Speed?

• Bank

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Self

Votes: 26 47.3%

• Total voters

mdavis

I just paid her off last week. Took me 18 months! Now a have a little extra $ to throw at her, or save for something new.

So like the title sates. Do you own your speed/bank/lease?

Payed mine off after 1 yr of payments to up my credit. but cutting that fat check hurt. shes been all mine for the last 6 months

You have $1300+ a month to throw at a car loan? :wtf:

Being a roofer, bills can be hard to pay at times. I still have like 66 payments
images

wtf

1 what do YOU do for a living.. and what did you have to do to get a APR that low? ;)... I work at a bank and have never financed anyone for less that 4.3X... wow..

1 what do YOU do for a living.. and what did you have to do to get a APR that low? ;)... I work at a bank and have never financed anyone for less that 4.3X... wow..

I am a mechanical engineer. and it took a lot of arguing, and doing some things id rather not discuss.....haha
plus having the parents cosign with immaculate credit helped

10k down financed 15k after all the bs @ 3.7%APR
That's still pushing $900 a month!

I cannot in my foreseeable future imagine ever having $10k in the bank to use as a downpayment on anything :(

Or was that a trade in?

my credit union has 3.99% right now (I got 4.99% which was their best rate at the time)

Last edited:
bank

I put 4K down.. financed originally @ 4.99% in my dad's name.. and then refied after about 9 months.. went up to 8.99 because its in my name with no credit history.. will probably pay off this time next year with a savings.. all in all about 30 months for total payoff..

I own mine...

I purchased my '08 MS3 used for $21,500 OTD. It had 9k miles. Sold my modded '02 WRX for $14,500. Used that money and $7K in savings and purchased it outright. My wife's '02 Protege was paid off right before that. No car payments FTW!!! :)

i own mine. bought my 09 ms3 in october 2008, paid it off in oct 2009. 11k down, 5.99%, big check finished her off. it was the first car i financed and i hated it so that was my reason for paying off. no more payments is awesome.

Paid $19,212 cash incl. tax. O8 GT 16k miles. Perfect shape w/ MS CBE, and MS CAI. I practiacally stole it.

Wrote a fat check first day getting her. I hate car payments, banks, dealer financing, or anything that adds to the confusion of purchasing a car.

Wrote a fat check first day getting her. I hate car payments, banks, dealer financing, or anything that adds to the confusion of purchasing a car.
Ha! Good thing I don't have the same hangups. If I did, I'd be driving around in a $1000 car. :)

For those of you that originally financed and then wrote a large payoff check.. What advice would you give me for doing the same.. its taken me about a year and half to get my savings back up to what it should be ( after being unemployed and buying a car ) I can keep making my $350 payment and keep saving or complete whipe out my savings and payoff the car and start saving at about 500 a month... Caught inbetween..

Back