DIY repair for a rear bumper bump?

chinq6t

:
2014 CX5 GT AWD
Or should the Dent Wizard handle this. Found my car like this:
uploadfromtaptalk1406873677965.jpg

I'm assuming you didn't do this? It's horrible people would hit another vehicle and take off without responsibility. There is post that a guy dented his front painted bumper much worse than yours, and his friend used a heat gun and "massaged" the bumper back in shape and it looked really good, so you should be able to have yours repaired no problem.

Yeah only a year old and its got more of these random hits that make it look older than any car I had previously owned.

I'm assuming you didn't do this? It's horrible people would hit another vehicle and take off without responsibility. There is post that a guy dented his front painted bumper much worse than yours, and his friend used a heat gun and "massaged" the bumper back in shape and it looked really good, so you should be able to have yours repaired no problem.

Here's the link to my thread about my front bumper dented pretty badly.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123841015-Front-Bumper-Trim

A friend and I were able to use a heat gun to massage it out, but it took a while and he was more experienced than I was.

I'd recommend a heat gun, as I'm not sure a hair dryer will make it pliable enough if at all. Otherwise, it looks pretty minor -I dont see why a Paintless Dent Repair place couldnt fix it for a small price.

I would use a heat gun. I had a dent much deeper than this on a previous car, and we used a heat gun. Heat it up for about 30-45 seconds (but far enough you won't "burn" the paint). You might have to do it a couple times too. After each couple of seconds try moving it. You want to make it malleable enough to move without much force. Be careful not to push too hard and push through the plastic. We used a wooden handle to push the bumper out from the inside. Have a bucket of cool water nearby to cool the piece before it goes back to its previous dented shape. Good luck.

Back