different size of tire

thecrash91

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
is it a significant difference between tire size 205 50R 16 and the stock 195 50R 16? on an online calculator it said about 1% speed difference. is this true? do i need to change anything?

that looks good, only problem is the back tires are 205 50 16, and im not sure if the previous owner changed anything or calibrated.

is it a significant difference between tire size 205 50R 16 and the stock 195 50R 16? on an online calculator it said about 1% speed difference. is this true? do i need to change anything?

I was running 205/45/16 for the last few years but switched to 205/50 this summer. Fills in the wheelwells a little better.
As for the speed difference one percent is so negligible you won't even notice.
I mean if you're gonna go 80 in a 65 zone, you're speeding, one percent off or not!

Based on my GPS readings, the speedo is about 2% off with my current 205/50 tires. Oddly enough, the odometer reads about 5% less than it should.

yeah i figured the 1% was not going to be noticable. i ordered the kuhmo ecstacas anyway, im kinda ocd so i had to reorder the tires to match the back ones, fronts are bald, backs are fine, gotta get an alignment as well (notcool)

So we (those with stock rims- mine happen to be the '02's polished 5 stars) have other options for rubber e.g. 205-50-r16 on the stock rims?

That is probably to wide to safely fit on the OEM wheels. If you're looking for better grip, i'd suggest a stickier tire in 205/50/16 or 205/45/16.

Shoulda specified I don't have oem wheels just didn't know if the width was ok haha my bad.

Back