Did your Injen come with this?

And I apologize to all for my horrific typing!
QUOTE=Mmmmmken]That has got to be about the best illestration I have EVER seen. Seriously, loved it! Even saved it to my PC...[/QUOTE]

Had I known someone would save a copy, I'd would've spent two more minutes adding effects of driving through rain. Pic updated :D

I can't take all the credit, I took the car from the list of smileys. Mmmmmken - PM me with a request and I'll excersize my mad MS Paint skillz for some custom work.

It was the "DARK STORMY NIGHT" written up in the sky that made it a classic!

GNO said:
Had I known someone would save a copy, I'd would've spent two more minutes adding effects of driving through rain. Pic updated :D

I can't take all the credit, I took the car from the list of smileys. Mmmmmken - PM me with a request and I'll excersize my mad MS Paint skillz for some custom work.

You probably could've put an aem bypass valve on which would have helped you out. Just my 2 cents

are you peopel like driving on roads you have never seen before or somthing. because if a road was flooded wouldnt you know and maybe think i should drive through there

SkinnyJoint said:
are you peopel like driving on roads you have never seen before or somthing. because if a road was flooded wouldnt you know and maybe think i should drive through there

Man whats with all the hating in this thread?

One he said it was a flood, so you never now exactly where it's going to be, I'm sure if he did he would have went around it.

Two, s*** happens. Some of you are acting like he was neglagent or something. That and who gives a s*** about spelling on a forum? This isn't school.

Sorry, to here this but atleast you got to do alittle needed reinforcement on the motor.

Hughes412 said:
Man whats with all the hating in this thread?

One he said it was a flood, so you never now exactly where it's going to be, I'm sure if he did he would have went around it.

Two, s*** happens. Some of you are acting like he was neglagent or something. That and who gives a s*** about spelling on a forum? This isn't school.

Sorry, to here this but atleast you got to do alittle needed reinforcement on the motor.

ok the spelling thing yea who gives a ****, people are always ripping me cuz i speed through this s*** and just type instead of checking every lil word.

newayz all im saying is maybe i dont understand but if there was a flood or a road had water on it since i drive the same roads alot i would know but then again i wasnt there so i dont know and im not hating
<3

SkinnyJoint said:
ok the spelling thing yea who gives a ****, people are always ripping me cuz i speed through this s*** and just type instead of checking every lil word.

newayz all im saying is maybe i dont understand but if there was a flood or a road had water on it since i drive the same roads alot i would know but then again i wasnt there so i dont know and im not hating
<3

I covered most of that earlier. I didn't scan the news prior to going out. It was just another rainy day, or should I say "Dark Stormy Night." I was driving to an area near my son's school, so I was very familiar with the area and had never seen standing water there in the past. The water in that area was also gone less than 15 minutes later. A lot of people I know that also know the area had difficultly understanding what had happened, becuase it is an area on slightly higher ground that rarely sees flood water.

It's all done and over with for me, so no offense taken. Other than recharging the A/C, I'm back on the road with a hell of a lot more experience under my belt. After it happened, I realized I should've taken the truck out instead of the car and next time there's heavy rain, I'll do just that.

There've been a few threads where people have stated how difficult it would be to hydro-lock the motor. I just wanted to display that it truely does occur and sometime things, like this, pop up with little warning. As Hughes412 has mentioned, there's a lot of "hate" in the thread. That's just part of life. As you've (SkinnyJoint) mentioned, you didn't have a full understanding. Unfortunately, that's also what breeds hate, whether intended or not.

Many of us use the forum to learn. I have a lot of mechanical experience and road experience, yet still make poor choices, like running without an AEM bypass. I just hope others don't make the same mistake.

GNO said:
I covered most of that earlier. I didn't scan the news prior to going out. It was just another rainy day, or should I say "Dark Stormy Night." I was driving to an area near my son's school, so I was very familiar with the area and had never seen standing water there in the past. The water in that area was also gone less than 15 minutes later. A lot of people I know that also know the area had difficultly understanding what had happened, becuase it is an area on slightly higher ground that rarely sees flood water.

It's all done and over with for me, so no offense taken. Other than recharging the A/C, I'm back on the road with a hell of a lot more experience under my belt. After it happened, I realized I should've taken the truck out instead of the car and next time there's heavy rain, I'll do just that.

There've been a few threads where people have stated how difficult it would be to hydro-lock the motor. I just wanted to display that it truely does occur and sometime things, like this, pop up with little warning. As Hughes412 has mentioned, there's a lot of "hate" in the thread. That's just part of life. As you've (SkinnyJoint) mentioned, you didn't have a full understanding. Unfortunately, that's also what breeds hate, whether intended or not.

Many of us use the forum to learn. I have a lot of mechanical experience and road experience, yet still make poor choices, like running without an AEM bypass. I just hope others don't make the same mistake.

Instead of judging there should be a bit of sympathy instead! Geez, the poor guy's motor got wacked! Give him a break! (drive)

SkinnyJoint said:
yea im sorry i wasnt trying to come off like an ass just wondering

Hey! The wheels on the P5 in your sig pic? Awesome... who makes those, and what size and tires did you go with?

Thanks... (drive)

Mmmmmken said:
Hey! The wheels on the P5 in your sig pic? Awesome... who makes those, and what size and tires did you go with?

Thanks... (drive)

17 inch ROTA (company) subzero's (name of the "style")
just search, there are very popular with our cars. i went 215, 45 on the tires just because i wanted wider tires, and i hear thats about as wide as i can go being dropped without rubbing.

skinnyj, I've had 225/45/17's that didn't rub

Back