Did your Injen come with this?

GNO

Just thought I'd share a few pics of the holes in the block.

I hydrolocked the motor a few months ago. I drove over some railroad track and into a flash flooded area. I dragged the car home with my Truck and pushed it into my garage, scratching the bumper in the process. I cleared the motor and found it was siezed. After I broke it loose, I threw a rod. In the second picture you can see some light from the other side.

Attachments

• DCP_0035a.JPG
    DCP_0035a.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 352
  • DCP_0036a.JPG
    DCP_0036a.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 328
Yes Funky. . . Injen. Difficult to hydrolock without an Injen or an eBay CAI.

The motor was siezed afterwards which was a sign that it may have been thrown out of balance. I did break it free manually and was able to start it up. After letting it run for a few minutes. I took it up to about 1200 rpm and continued to let it run. I backed it out of the garage, stopped in the driveway, and brought the tach up to 2k. BOOM. . . engine stopped instantly.

It was a few month ago. I just uploaded some pics recently and thought I'd share. As you may deduce from the location of the holes, it broke the A/C compressor bracket. The engine was a great learning experience. I need to clean up a couple of wires, then I'll take a pic. I dressed things up a bit. . . and yes, Injen still intact, but not in the fall. That's turbo-time.

Wow! You guys have me a bit paranoid now... I'm in Cleveland, and we have defiantely gotten some hard fast rain leading to the possibility of flash floods lately. I'm wondering if a few hp are worth sacrificing the whole motor!

How deep was the water? Wondering what I need to be aware of... did you submerse the whole filter, or just splash into it?

Glad I kept my original box and associated stuff... (wow)

Yes, the whole filter was submerged. It seemed like about 14". But probably closer to 10". . . hard to say, I coasted through most of it. When I got out to push the car out of the way of traffic and the water was above the top of my workboots. Fifteen minutes later, rain was still coming down hard, but that section of road had less than 1/4" of water. I'd never seen anything like it. A couple of blocks away, two cars were stuck, that water was still over a foot deep 45 minutes after my little incident.

You didnt even stop to think about your CAI when you saw a foot of water ahead?

What kind of turbo are you going to get? We'll have to meet up when you do get it :D Mmmm boost

Mmmmmken said:
Wow! You guys have me a bit paranoid now... I'm in Cleveland, and we have defiantely gotten some hard fast rain leading to the possibility of flash floods lately. I'm wondering if a few hp are worth sacrificing the whole motor!

How deep was the water? Wondering what I need to be aware of... did you submerse the whole filter, or just splash into it?

Alright!! Another person for our Cedar Point Mazda Meet!! Haha, if you're interested that is. Sorry, didn't mean to be thread jacker.(jacked)

I had the same thing happen,sortof,I hydrolocked on a flooded highway,doing about 60 next thing ya know I am halfway up my doors in water.

had to strip the interior,replace engine,turbo,and a hole list of other s***.$7000 in damage.

but I said "**** IT",and went all out.now have a forged gt28rs monster.
oh,i also fried my ECU from having the water go onto the floorboard.

Cedar Point meet? Where (Iknow, obviously Cedar Point!) and when???

carsandguitars5 said:
Alright!! Another person for our Cedar Point Mazda Meet!! Haha, if you're interested that is. Sorry, didn't mean to be thread jacker.(jacked)

Mmmmmken said:

Dude check out the Ohio forum.

Dont worry about it in Cleveland. we do NOT have the problems that other areas of the country do...I've driven in a flood warning (not by choice..had to get home from Cincy) and have not been in over 2 inches of water..

carsandguitars5 said:

haha nice!

Mmmmmken said:

youre fine, my fellow Clevelander(I grew up in Lakewood), just dont drive on the beach at Edgewater, lol.

Prodigy said:
You didnt even stop to think about your CAI when you saw a foot of water ahead?
I didn't see the water in time to stop. I was going about 35mph. The railroad tracks slightly were elevated and my x-ray vision wasn't working good enough to see through the burm. I went up and over the tracks and into a flooded area about 15 feet wide.

I made a little illustration. I really should break down and get Illustrator and Photoshop. . . . MS Paint sucks.

Attachments

• zoom zoom boom.JPG
    zoom zoom boom.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
MS Paint rocks..
Sorry about your engine... it's a good excuse to go forged.

khaosman said:
What kind of turbo are you going to get? We'll have to meet up when you do get it :D Mmmm boost
I'll probably pick up something used off the board or pieces from a wrecked MS. Nothing big, the ATX can't handle much. If I don't get a turbo kit, I may go back to an SRI and build a Lexan box for it, to convert it to an SRI with an elevated filter.

Prodigy said:
MS Paint rocks..
Sorry about your engine... it's a good excuse to go forged.
The replacement engine is already in. As mentioned earilier, it was a good learning experience. The motor had almost 120k miles on it, the replacement only has 6k. From the over $10k I've dumped into my current project vehicle, I've learned to refrain from taking on another major build-up.

That has got to be about the best illestration I have EVER seen. Seriously, loved it! Even saved it to my PC...

GNO said:
I didn't see the water in time to stop. I was going about 35mph. The railroad tracks slightly were elevated and my x-ray vision wasn't working good enough to see through the burm. I went up and over the tracks and into a flooded area about 15 feet wide.

I made a little illustration. I really should break down and get Illustrator and Photoshop. . . . MS Paint sucks.

Back