Did you Know...

Liz-PR

:
Mazda 3s - Winning Blue
This a little long but worth reading it cause I think you should know.

Yesterday I took my car for an oil change, and I saw two Mazda3 with cool modifications.
Im talking about the edge that sorounds the windows (that black border)..It had the same color of the car. So I ask the service guy how much did that cost.
He said: I wanted to do, that same thing to my car, so I took the to a paint shop and ask for quote, they said $400. I was amazed, he said.

So, he went to a friend that had it in his car and asked him how much did he paid for it because they had told him $400, and he said, sit down my friend. You know that black border you have all around the door its just BLACK TAPE and undernith its the paint just like the car.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!

Anyway it takes a while to take it of but it looks grate.

Dont let anyone rip you :)

Liz

Yeah, cool you found out, the 2003 proteges/5s also had this done. the older proteges had the black painted on.

Ok you guys, this is NOT an april folls day thing, is for real.
I just have to decide whether I like all the same color or with the frame in black.
As soon as I decide Ill let you know and if I do it Ill post some pics..

Nice weekend

Wait, are you talking about if you are looking at the door from the outside, the black border around teh top of the door after the window crease, is just tape? I can pull mine off and it will reveal a white paint? If so, I think I may even do this!

Keep in mind that mazda only puts enough paint on the 3s to make it a color, any nick or specs of anything just take off the paint. As bad as a condition mine is in after 14k miles i wouldnt even doubt if going over 70 makes the paint fly off. Be Careful!!!

Pics, we need pics.

I bet many of us will take that tape off.

I took a look at mine and could see the seams from the tape. Indeed, you are correct but am skeptical at present to take it off.

Pics, we need pics. Thanks! heh.

wait wait wait....

you are telling me that my Black Mica is painted? underneath the black tape?? a few months ago I installed my vent visors and I cleaned them out with alcohol and no tape-like hing was on there. Please tell me if this is true...In fact I'm so curious I'm going 5 floors down and 5 floors up to the parking at this instant to check this out. LOL

Would be cool...

PRBOY3

I would think so?!?! They did mention that a mp5 or something didn't have that as an option so???

BUT I don't think it would look good on a white car with tint(2%) and black rims and cf hood....

here ya go brothers....

In the process of pic...

WARNING PIA process...

Nice Outcome...

PRBOY3

Attachments

• lux mazda secret 001.jpg
    lux mazda secret 001.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 311
Yup, my 6 is tape covered too, I wouldnt take the tape off since when the paint in that area gets littered with scratches from normal wear and tear it is not a nice place to be buffing the paint, risk burning the edges easily.

I thought it was pretty strange when I saw this post and noticed all that was actually tape, IMO I think it looks better black because then all the windows flow to the back nicely without any color in breaking it up, unless you have a black car, in which case I dont think it matters.

I remember on the VW forums when I had my GTI people were doing the exact opposite by putting black vinyl over thier B-pillars.

Last edited:
Back