Delay in Steering wheel volume control

jjp735i

:
CX-5
I noticed when adjusting the volume with the steering wheel control there is a delay before it starts changing. Is this normal. The console volume there is no delay. Very weird, only car I had that has done this.

Thanks, jjp

My skip and volume buttons on my steering wheel both have a little hesitation compared to the scrolling knob. Not enough to bother me yet.

I noticed when adjusting the volume with the steering wheel control there is a delay before it starts changing. Is this normal. The console volume there is no delay. Very weird, only car I had that has done this.

My Volvo does this also. My F-150 doesn't but only because it doesn't have steering mounted volume.

What is the magnitude of delay that you are experiencing? On my system, it is hardly noticeable. I'm guessing it to be somewhere between 50 and 100 milliseconds. I can't imagine so many people complaining about such a small delay. Therefore, I think it must be something else.

1) what infotainment version? (mine is v55.00.753A)
2) what input source? (I mainly use USB flash drive now)
3) when you notice the delay, are you holding down the button or is it just a quick press? This is important, because there will be a delay if you hold the button down. Think of it like a computer keyboard. There will be a second or two delay to switch over to repeating mode.

I'm certainly NOT complaining, the OP asked if anyone had experienced the same delay, and I have. That being said:
1) 55.00.753
2) Radio station changes, fast forwarding, changing volume using any input source (steering wheel controls only). There is no delay using the controller.
3) Press only (I generally haven't held down the FF button on the steering wheel).

The delay on my system is more than a standard keyboard delay. It's more than I've experienced in any other car I've driven actually.

Even with all that, it really doesn't bother me that much.

What is the magnitude of delay that you are experiencing? On my system, it is hardly noticeable. I'm guessing it to be somewhere between 50 and 100 milliseconds. I can't imagine so many people complaining about such a small delay. Therefore, I think it must be something else.

1) what infotainment version? (mine is v55.00.753A)
2) what input source? (I mainly use USB flash drive now)
3) when you notice the delay, are you holding down the button or is it just a quick press? This is important, because there will be a delay if you hold the button down. Think of it like a computer keyboard. There will be a second or two delay to switch over to repeating mode.

1. Not sure what version, but only had the car for 4 weeks
2.All sources
3. You are right, if you just tap it will change the volume one line quickly, but if you hold it there is a second or two delay. It's not that big of deal, just wanted to know if it was normal. Never had this happen in any of my other cars.

Thanks, jjp

Back