Defi Gauges - what kind to get?

saranya

K, i'm a newb when it comes to gauges, but:

I was planning to get the DEFI Blue Racer 52mm Boost Gauge, which does not work (need) the Defi-Link Control Unit.

(will go into the excellent vent pod offered here)

my question is: is this the best option or should I get the gauge that requires the Defi-Link control unit?

I probably won't be getting the Psi or Temp gauges (not sure what to do with them) so maybe I'm answering my own question.

opinions?

I have been looking at a lot of gauges and mods for the Ms3 in the past week...I would say stick with defi, but go with the defi red racer gauge because it matches the colors of our existing gauges better than blue. That's what I'll be getting.

Why do you want gauges that only work with the control unit? Like ndedomin, I'm looking at the Defi red racer boost gauge.

I guess I don't really know what the control unit does. thought it added some type of functionality or something if you were using more than 1 gauge.

but if I don't have to get it then I won't as it save a lot of money.

I dunno, thought I'd get blue to play off the bluish glow of the "backlights" to the existing gauges. i might be way off though if it will look good or not, lol

Sorry, I read your post wrong. How many gauges are you looking to install and how close do you plan on monitoring everything? I am only getting a boost gauge, just so I can keep my eye on pressure/vacuum and be like, "gee, I peaked higher than that before. Wonder if I have a leak." The control unit would be superfluous for me.

yeah, thinking the same as you. Just the boost gauge to go with the ventpod! anyways, guess I am answering my own question.

haha. now it's a matter of blue,red or white for the color.

Looks like Kain and you pretty much figured it out. I'm the same way....don't need the control unit because I'm just getting the boost gauge and the nice ventpod to put it in.

As far as color goes, don't get the white. I think that would be the worst color in this car. My first choice would be red, but I could see the blue working well in its own way because of what you said about it accenting the back-lighting on the other gauges. I still say red, because that's the major color on the existing gauges....however, blue could look really nice as well; it just wouldn't be my pick.

Back