DDM 6000K bulb replacement

bend the metal shroud inside the light untill its small enough to pull through the hole and bam.. done.

Simple lol took me like 20 min to figure out how to get it out, but once i cracked it off i realized bending it in a oval shape and it will come right out with ease

I think the thing that makes me angriest about our headlights is the projectors. They're pretty disappointing for factory HID, and look like they're always dirty or something. The cutoff is very fuzzy, and the final straw came when I saw a friend's OEM Halogen projectors in a Celica GTS (bulbs swapped for GE Nighthawks) put out a razor sharp cutoff like this:

img0603x.jpg

I still don't know if I'm up for the cost and hassle of a TSX retrofit, but it's looking more likely.

I was cruising on the highway beside a tsx. I was wondering if my headlights were even on compared to his.. or hers. I think the lexus ls460 hid's are even better.

Just got my D2S bulbs for the lowbeams, and have read all the pages from #1, and everyone says to take off the bumper.

I was looking at it today...havent taken the bumper off.
Easy to pop off the rear bulb cover then the power socket to the bulb. But then how do you get the bulb out? I dont want to break anything. Do i just grap the bulb base and pull out or do i have to twist ? Looks like there is a larger holder that covers the bulb base so not sure to pull or twist out that instead?

Help form anyone that has removed the bulb.

Thanks

Just got my D2S bulbs for the lowbeams, and have read all the pages from #1, and everyone says to take off the bumper.

I was looking at it today...havent taken the bumper off.
Easy to pop off the rear bulb cover then the power socket to the bulb. But then how do you get the bulb out? I dont want to break anything. Do i just grap the bulb base and pull out or do i have to twist ? Looks like there is a larger holder that covers the bulb base so not sure to pull or twist out that instead?

Help form anyone that has removed the bulb.

Thanks

I tried that then realized quickly why i had to take the bumper off. The bulbs are held in by a round retaining ring which twists on and when u are trying to line up the bulbs in the corresponding slots and then get the ring on and twist it you soon realize what a pain in the ass it is. If you need i have pictures on how to remove the bumper, really simple and easy process.

I tried that then realized quickly why i had to take the bumper off. The bulbs are held in by a round retaining ring which twists on and when u are trying to line up the bulbs in the corresponding slots and then get the ring on and twist it you soon realize what a pain in the ass it is. If you need i have pictures on how to remove the bumper, really simple and easy process.

Thanks for the info, i can reach the plastic ring with my fingers but not enough torque to twist it off.

So i guess its off with the bumper!

Thanks!

i know i've said it a few times and it might be getting a tad annoying but i'm the type of person that if i have a picture of the end product, i can make it look like that no problem but does anybody have a picture of how they bent/modified the fog light housing for this kit? please? pretty please? lol

You can change the bulbs without removing the bumper. I took it out to mount the ballasts for the fog lights, and it worked well. Plenty of room and you're not in an awkward position mounting them.

i'm trying to hook up the replacement low beams but the ones that are stock are just the bulb while the ones i got from ddmtuning have a few wires set up with them. any clue how to hook up, pictures preferred :D

i'm trying to hook up the replacement low beams but the ones that are stock are just the bulb while the ones i got from ddmtuning have a few wires set up with them. any clue how to hook up, pictures preferred :D

What did you order? Replacement bulbs or a whole kit? If you got a kit, that's a lot more work for the low beams. Replacing the bulbs is easy.

k i installed the fogs last night, now i know what you meant by the "metal shroud". i thought that was the tip of the bulb lol (crazy)

i ordered the replacement bulbs but i'm thinking i need those adapter cables to change it from the stock "round plug" to the "multi-wires" that the ddm bulbs come with to hook up, which i didn't order, so looks like i will be ordering those today :D

k i installed the fogs last night, now i know what you meant by the "metal shroud". i thought that was the tip of the bulb lol (crazy)

i ordered the replacement bulbs but i'm thinking i need those adapter cables to change it from the stock "round plug" to the "multi-wires" that the ddm bulbs come with to hook up, which i didn't order, so looks like i will be ordering those today :D

Sounds like you may have ordered the wrong bulbs then. My D2S replacements for the low beams had no wires coming from them IIRC, and it was a 100% PnP swap.

https://www.ddmtuning.com/content/techtips/bulbguide_low.pdf

Page 24 shows the D2S bulbs. Hopefully yours look the same.

Last edited:
Back