CX-7 upgrades

I was talking to Josh at CP-E yesterday as I was ordering the Quick Power Pipe and he asked me if I was running the ETS intercooler. He said the current settings of the ECU can't handle the increased HP gains you get from running the ETS intercooler, the complete EP-E exhaust system and the CAI. He said you would need the FLASH they are working on in order to run all of the performance upgrades. I know lots of people have some of these upgrades but I was wondering if anyone has ALL of them and if they are having any problems with the ECU. I was planning on getting the ETS intercooler as soon as my tax check arrived but now I am not sure I want to install it if it will cause my ECU to throw an engine light warning.

There is a list of mods that are OK to use together and one's that are causing issues for some users here:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are going to get your head cut off and limbs thrown to the crowd for linking to another forum.

Unless thats allowed now.

You are going to get your head cut off and limbs thrown to the crowd for linking to another forum.

Unless thats allowed now.

superstretch18 is a respected forum member so we'll leave all his limbs intact :)

Send grayghost a PM with that link so he can check out that mod list. I know there was one guy on that forum who was having problems because of too many mods.

Whew! I was skurd for a minute... ;)

To summarize for everyone; it seems that the top-mount together with the cat delete *can* cause issues with overboost, triggering the ecu to cut throttle. CPE is working on a reflash that *could* remedy the situation...

Back