CX-5 Vibration at certain speeds

Hi, been a while since i posted here,..so let me update you, I upgraded to the 2016 CX-5 AWD GT the car is a great improvement --especially the GPS/info package, and quietness. But be aware, i tested 2 2016 and both had severe vibration --so i tested the one i wanted to buy that was on the showroom floor..well it was in the warmth -where the 1st one had been sitting outside in the cold. I bought the showroom car and put over 100 miles on it ..and guess what...the vibration was worse then the other 2016 i tested. I called the service manager who drove it with me as passenger...and admitted it was worse then any car they had ever had. So after 1 hour, the service manger told me that "all 4 tires had flat spots" and they could not get them balanced --they called Mazda, and 4 new tires are on their way. Service manager said the car may had been tied down too tight on the boat/shipping and that probably caused the problem. I am going to the dealer Monday March 9 to have the new tires put on. The also tested the wheels and alignment --all were OK...so if you test drive one and it feels like a tire is flat! it is. B.T.W the condition occurred at speeds from 20 MPH to 60 MPH.
By percentage, what percentage quieter do you find the new CX-5 vs. the older ones?
Also, is the suspension smoother or more bouncy?

By percentage my 2016 is 100% quieter then my previous 2014.5, the ride is smoother (and i don't use the 'sport mode button') :) Command center in console is very nice, I enjoy it. Brushed aluminum replaces the old black plastic on the dash --and the wheels look very aggressive! Led lights wrap the headlights and taillights. Crappy navigation replaced/enlarged to 7 inches -it now recognizes what you say! YAY! (finally). I love the fact the headlights turn 15 degrees in each direction, great for night driving on dark roads. rear seats are said to be a bit larger...but being the driver i can't confirm that yet. Door pockets now hold bottles and larger console beverage holders this time around. Sonic silver color looks a bit 'lighter' then the previous years liquid silver.

update--

4 new tires solved the problem! (yippy)

By percentage my 2016 is 100% quieter then my previous 2014.5, the ride is smoother (and i don't use the 'sport mode button') :) Command center in console is very nice, I enjoy it. Brushed aluminum replaces the old black plastic on the dash --and the wheels look very aggressive! Led lights wrap the headlights and taillights. Crappy navigation replaced/enlarged to 7 inches -it now recognizes what you say! YAY! (finally). I love the fact the headlights turn 15 degrees in each direction, great for night driving on dark roads. rear seats are said to be a bit larger...but being the driver i can't confirm that yet. Door pockets now hold bottles and larger console beverage holders this time around. Sonic silver color looks a bit 'lighter' then the previous years liquid silver.

At a minimum you are going to get me in the drivers seat for a test drive.

Strawberryfield ...Did you ask them to do a road force balance test on 'all 4 tires'? If they refuse tell them you want the test done, and to give you a loaner until it's done...and that you will not accept the car back until the test has been completed. Contact the new car sales manager --and it necessary, the manager of the dealership. At my dealership the new car manager said if they could not fix my vibration problem, he would get me another car!

Have the service manager test drive the car...with you as passenger. Any problems contact Mazda headquarters, and tell them the dealership refuses to fix the problem, and you are not satisfied with the car as it is now. Tell them if it is not fixed, this is the last Mazda you will ever buy, see if that gets any action! Don't let the dealership "off the hook", and good luck!

Last edited:
Back