CX-5 Soft Cargo Liner is Nice

Bump for any info on this? I am looking to buy my fiancee a CX5. She is a pastry chef and specializes in wedding cakes and this would be awesome to keep them in place!
That's an awesome looking accessory! It looks really well designed. But I have the all-weather mat which I also really like and the two are not compatible. I really need the water handling capabilities of the mat to catch melting snow.

Looks like that system involves a "base plate" that fits snuggly between the wheels wells and upright back seat; you can use the rails or a folding box that fit into holes in the base plate. I can't imagine that the Euro spec would be any different in terms of the cargo floor area, so I'm guessing this would work fine on the American cars. I don't understand why Europe gets so much cool stuff that we don't. Does Mazda reckon Americans aren't interested in organizing their cargo stuff?

The flap can be removed and stored.

Do they sell just the flap portion or something like it? I am looking for something for the winter. I usually change from my ski boots by sitting in the trunk area, and having something drape over the back to protect to protect it from my boots would be nice, as my previous car had some marks on it from the winter and such.

Do they sell just the flap portion or something like it? I am looking for something for the winter. I usually change from my ski boots by sitting in the trunk area, and having something drape over the back to protect to protect it from my boots would be nice, as my previous car had some marks on it from the winter and such.

The flap velcros to the liner, so I don't think it would work alone. You might consider something like this:

image_20538.jpg

$5 from Harbor Freight. The finest synthetic Chinese god knows what. I use them for bulky items so the don't scratch the sides (I have the soft cover as well).

http://www.harborfreight.com/40-in-x-72-in-movers-blanket-69504.html

Last edited:
The flap velcros to the liner, so I don't think it would work alone. You might consider something like this:

image_20538.jpg

$5 from Harbor Freight. The finest synthetic Chinese god knows what. I use them for bulky items so the don't scratch the sides (I have the soft cover as well).

Thanks for the suggestion, they are pretty big though, probably would have to put under my weathertech trunk liner, or cut

I just keep one folded up in the cargo area in case I need to wrap something. You're probably right about bumper protection duties, however. The bumper flap with the soft cover has a little weight on the lip that keeps it from shifting so much when you push something over it. I have both the soft cover and the OEM rigid mat. Those plus the moving blanket are probably over kill but I use my car like a truck and would like to have the option of a decent trade in value if Mazda amazes me with new tech. I kind of trashed my last vehicle and am trying to amend my ways.

That's an awesome looking accessory! It looks really well designed. But I have the all-weather mat which I also really like and the two are not compatible. I really need the water handling capabilities of the mat to catch melting snow.

I use both the all-weather mat and the soft liner. No issues. The only thing to note is the soft liner has nothing to Velcro to on the parcel deck. But that's the only nit pick I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use both the all-weather mat and the soft liner. No issues. The only thing to note is the soft liner has nothing to Velcro to on the parcel deck. But that's the only nit pick I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We also have both liner and cargo tray, and while your correct in saying the liner does not velcro to the parcel deck (only the seat backs), it does have on the underside, an angle flap on each corner closest to the hatch door, that the parcel deck slips into. This helps keep the liner from shifting to the right or left.

I need to pick a few of these up. I don't think I have seen those in the HF stores here so will need to order online.

Thanks!

image_20538.jpg

Anyone happen to know if the soft cargo liner will fit in the sport model well? It has the 60/40 split rear seats and this liner looks specifically made for the 40/20/40 setup.

Back