CX-5 Photos - Share your shots with us!

Hibernating

Attachments

• image (2) - Copy.jpg
    image (2) - Copy.jpg
    796.1 KB · Views: 600
Looked at several of the colors today. The white mica is very nice. As is the soul red. If I go CX-5, my color options are very limited. I hate black on either the exterior or interior. Mazda offers the sand interior in only three exterior colors (other than black). Those are white, stormy blue, and soul red. It looks pretty good in all three of those colors.

Looked at the new RAV4 today. Really odd angular lines going to the rear, creating a kind of shoulder/wing effect. I found that aspect of it very unattractive. But they offered a gray interior with lighter gray inserts on the seats which I really liked. Alas.

I wanted a non-black interior also as the black absorbs more heat here in the south but the tan was not an option for the sport model unfortunately. The soul red and meteor gray seems an improvement over the darker red and the older metropolitan grey.

I wanted a non-black interior also as the black absorbs more heat here in the south but the tan was not an option for the sport model unfortunately.

If you tint your windows with solar reflective film you should be able to reduce the interior temps.

The exterior color (such as black) has far more impact on interior temps than the color of interior in a hardtop SUV. If the concern is heat load, then white exterior color will keep the vehicle cooler.

I have a dark graphite/gray metallic (smokey granite mica is the name of color) sport sedan with light gray leather interior and it's far hotter in the summer than my white CX-5 with black leather interior.

If you tint your windows with solar reflective film you should be able to reduce the interior temps.
I got the 3M Crystalline tint for a good price last October which is supposed to be one of the best choices for heat rejection so we should be good in the summers.

The exterior color (such as black) has far more impact on interior temps than the color of interior in a hardtop SUV. If the concern is heat load, then white exterior color will keep the vehicle cooler.

I have a dark graphite/gray metallic (smokey granite mica is the name of color) sport sedan with light gray leather interior and it's far hotter in the summer than my white CX-5 with black leather interior.

Yeah, I don't think the interior will matter much with the heat rejection tint and using a windshield reflector when its hot out. We have the sunlight silver paint so I'd like to see how cool it stays on a 100degree day in teh summer.

Technically, this car is not mine yet. Picking it up tomorrow morning.
2014 AWD GT with tech package
2013-02-08 14.54.34.jpg

Here is my 2013 GT w/tech, Nav, Bose, moonroof, leather sand int. crystal pearl ext.

image.jpg

Here is my 2013 GT w/tech, Nav, Bose, moonroof, leather sand int. crystal pearl ext.

View attachment 200853

That could be my car next week if everything goes according to plan. I have not seen the sand interior in leather. From the Mazda site pics it looks pretty light and not very tan. I hope that is the case. Are you going to put body side molding on it?

The sand interior is much nicer in person. I fell in love with the black interior with the red stitching. The dealer said he would match my price if I took the sand interior. I'm not sorry I settled for the sand. It is very light and I will need to wipe it down more often. I noticed my new blue jean dye rubbed off on the seat but it came of easily. As for the body side molding, I think it looks great but it's not in the budget : (
Good luck next week I hope all goes as planned. I do love my car but I sometimes wish I had the 2.5L

The sand interior is much nicer in person. I fell in love with the black interior with the red stitching. The dealer said he would match my price if I took the sand interior. I'm not sorry I settled for the sand. It is very light and I will need to wipe it down more often. I noticed my new blue jean dye rubbed off on the seat but it came of easily. As for the body side molding, I think it looks great but it's not in the budget : (
Good luck next week I hope all goes as planned. I do love my car but I sometimes wish I had the 2.5L

I have always had black interiors, the description of the sand did not impress me at all. I was not that keen tho on the red stitching.

Then the dealer showed me a Zeal Red (my preferred colour) that I could have that week, BUT with sand leather. I relented and had a look...

IMG_8792.jpg

Here is my sand interior (cabpatch) and I love it. I wear mainly black clothes so do have to spend a bit more time cleaning but it really opens up the interior.

Sunny day, sun roof back, "Always the Sun" cranking on the sound system...

2013 GT w/ 20" Lexani Rims, Toyo Proxes C/S intake. Next is drop and sub in spare tire compartment
20130213_173319_zps1fd5c87a.jpg

20130213_173342_zps62244805.jpg

20130213_173409_zps42d2577f.jpg

^ Great pics, the rims and tires seem to be a perfect match for the CX-5.

Back